2009scape World Transportation Map

General discussion
zencro
Staff

2009scape World Transportation Map

Post by zencro »

A work in progress. Be gentle. Be patient, it takes awhile to load completely.
Thanks to Szu for help in getting this up!
[glow]Suggestions and comments welcome.[/glow]

https://zencro2009.github.io/

29 Oct 2022 10:55 HRS US Eastern:
Updates being worked on so may be down for a bit. Will hopefully have it up again soon :)

02 Nov 2022 15:36 HRS US Eastern:
Fairy rings are up, now will be adding amulets, rings, and other item teleports. Some of these are done and just need to be re-coded into the new system.

25 Nov 2022 22:32 HRS US Eastern
Updates, now have all Modern, Lunar, and Ancient teleports, mining carts, carpets, Gliders, Pharaohs' scepter, ectophial, stronghold scepter, rings, amulets, bracelets that are known to me as currently being usable (and some not) in the game . Other things as well including many dungeons listed.

30 Nov 2022 19:25 HRS US Eastern
First dungeon map I've made for 2009Scape now included in the Edgeville Dungeon tooltip link. Initial interface after intro screen now has a link to click on to open the entire map in a full window.

8 Dec 2022 15:14 HRS US Eastern
Edgeville Dungeon Map link now copied to Varrock Sewers tooltip popup as well.
Taverley Dungeon Map added to tooltip popup thanks to Woah for providing map to base this on.

17 December 2022 14:34 HRS US Eastern
Brimhaven dungeon map added as a leaflet map under the tooltip for Brimhaven Dungeon. To see this directly click HERE. At 22mb in size putting it up as a leaflet only required about 5mb and made much more sense.

20 December 2022 15:12 HRS US Eastern
Slayer ring's Sumona teleport location edited to conform with December update.

30 December 2022 21:08 HRS US Eastern
Dwarven Mine/Mining Guild dungeon map added. To see this directly click HERE.

31 December 2022 19:30 HRS US Eastern
Updated base map with some cleaning and including a legend to the Isafdar traps mapped.

To be done:
All Balloon Transportation System with logs required per destination (Intended to be included after balloons become available here)
All Switch teleport locations with destinations
Maps of more dungeons from tooltip links. (This may only be done for major dungeons as they can take quite a long time to produce.)
Last edited by zencro on Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:34 am, edited 9 times in total.
We must all learn to embrace our own inner newbishness...
Email: [email protected]
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: 2009scape World Transportation Map

Post by Ceikry »

This is sick, great work!

It would be cool to see some other things on the map, like dungeon entrances, ETC.
Nerds
Byte
Noob

Post by Byte »

I'm glad you posted this here Zencro.

Once you get this to a really good place, I think having this appear somewhere on the website as another tool (like guides, etc...) to players would be a great addition.
Valpuri
Froob

Post by Valpuri »

Since you asked for feedback in the clan chat, I made a few mockups of the sort of icons that I would use in lieu of the 'blinky' ones in order to demonstrate what I meant by 'stylised'. Basically, I just take screenshots of in-game objects that I feel are representational, make the background transparent, and add a yellow outline. Unfortunately, these do require to be slightly higher in resolution to be recognizable versus the more simplistic, 'pixel-artish' style you had for most icons. However, this would help with finding them on the map, assuming it's even possible to increase the icon resolution.

Also, another few transportation methods you could add are the ectophial teleport, the swamp boaty, and the Shilo Village cart.

EDIT: Since you expressed interest in actually using these icons, I've uploaded them to a Google Drive folder to avoid compression from Imgur. I also included the original and constituent images used in their creation and cleaned up the icons containing the ship's wheel, since they were pretty rough. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

Added a map of the Edgeville dungeon/Varrock sewer complex under the Edgeville Dungeon tooltips link.
Let me know if this is the kind of map you're wanting more of.
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

Taverley Dungeon Map added. Much thanks to Woah for providing the background map to base this on.
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

Brimhaven Dungeon map added as a leaflet map. With this map I added cavern structures including those which might serve to provide safe spotting.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Can you add coordinates to the map? Would be useful for developing :mrgreen:
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

On Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm Red Bracket asked:
To do this with accurate ::loc data I'd need a full dump of the cached map image from our cache.
Ultimately that's exactly what I'd like to do in an effort at making a precisely accurate map.
I'm still getting up to speed to be able to do so.
So far I've been limited to images from screenshots I've been making as surveys and those being supplied by helpful people who -do- have them.

Once I get a localized copy of the server functional I expect to re-tool the map with the images I extract.
Thanks for the input :)
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

zencro wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:14 pm On Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm Red Bracket asked:
To do this with accurate ::loc data I'd need a full dump of the cached map image from our cache.
Ultimately that's exactly what I'd like to do in an effort at making a precisely accurate map.
I'm still getting up to speed to be able to do so.
So far I've been limited to images from screenshots I've been making as surveys and those being supplied by helpful people who -do- have them.

Once I get a localized copy of the server functional I expect to re-tool the map with the images I extract.
Thanks for the input :)
Ah didn't realize it would be hard :lol: