Linux Flatpak Local Server

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
shoompa
Noob

Linux Flatpak Local Server

Post by shoompa »

Hello!

I am trying to get some 2009scape single player action on my Steam Deck for when I travel.

https://flathub.org/apps/details/org._2 ... e.Launcher

When I'm using the flatpak version, the live server runs great. When I switch the client profile to local server, I am stuck on connecting, this may take a long time.

Then receive this:

Error: js5connect. The game is likely down.

I'm guessing I need to setup a local server somehow first before hitting this option?
I haven't been able to figure it out on my own yet.

I've tried to use this:
https://gitlab.com/2009scape/singleplayer/linux

These are the errors i'm receiving:

when using option 2 to initialize the databse...this is what I see in terminal:

bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mysqld: no process found
/home/deck/Downloads/2009scape/linux-master/run-linux.sh: line 31: cd: database: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/deck/.runite_rs’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/deck/.runite_rs/runescape’: File exists
/home/deck/Downloads/2009scape/linux-master

then it disappears and I see:
Database initialized, you can now run the game!

When I try to run run-linux.sh after the database initialization I receive:

bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/deck/Downloads/2009scape/linux-master/run-linux.sh: line 49: java: command not found
/home/deck/Downloads/2009scape/linux-master/run-linux.sh: line 51: java: command not found
java: no process found
mysqld: no process found

When I try to run build-singleplayer.sh I see:

Warning: Could not start program '/home/deck/Downloads/2009scape/linux-master/build-singleplayer.sh' with arguments ''.

Warning: execve: Exec format error

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

There are lots of my friends who are extremely interested in playing this single player while on the go and it would definitely bring them over to this project for live.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Linux Flatpak Local Server

Post by Ceikry »

I'm skeptical the steam deck even has the resources to run singleplayer - it's pretty demanding.

I would wait for the singleplayer linux update - it'll get rid of the dependency on a database.

As for the 2 command not found - "Java" lines in your log, it's exactly what it's telling you: you don't have java. Install it.
Nerds
shoompa
Noob

Re: Linux Flatpak Local Server

Post by shoompa »

Ceikry wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:06 am I'm skeptical the steam deck even has the resources to run singleplayer - it's pretty demanding.

I would wait for the singleplayer linux update - it'll get rid of the dependency on a database.

As for the 2 command not found - "Java" lines in your log, it's exactly what it's telling you: you don't have java. Install it.
I actually got it running pretty well using W10 booted from an SD card and the single player windows edition.

Was hoping not to have to boot into Windows to enjoy it though.

I see the java lines there, more curious about the database dependency issues :/

thanks for the reply!