Request: Runecrafting Pouch State Check

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
TheChimpken
Froob

Request: Runecrafting Pouch State Check

Post by TheChimpken »

Recently I died in a fairly strange way described in https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/-/issues/954

While my player was locked for the Canoe Ride out of Lumby and I was carrying pouches, The action to board the Canoe was interrupted by, and I was then killed from an evil chicken attack. (Ironic, I know).

Since then, I've gone back to the abyssal area via fairy rings, killed around 100 or more abyssal leeches, with no pouch drops.

The weird thing about my death is that I dropped two copies of my items - One set I could pick up, and the other set could not be interacted with whatsoever.
I have a suspicion that the pouches are with the locked entity, and weren't dropped in some way, resulting in the game thinking I still have pouches when I don't.

The only ways I can think of trying to prove if this is the case in-game:
- To level my runecrafting up to lv75, then killing abyssals until I get a Giant one. If that pouch drops first, then I know my game state is a bit poked.
- Go to the runecrafting guild, which appears to be empty, but normally would have a facility to replace pouches, which would be another easy way to determine if my character is showing as having these pouches or not.
- Lastly, visiting the Dark Mage, I've been told my pouches were repaired, even though I have none. (There's handling in the code for no action taken in the dialogue)

Hoping there's another way around this - Looking forward to hearing what's possible.

EDIT: This could just be a dude whining in a support thread about nothing, to be fair - It's possible that since the drop rate is 11/750 (a 1.46% drop rate), I could just be having terrible luck.
TheChimpken
Froob

Re: Request: Runecrafting Pouch State Check

Post by TheChimpken »

Yep. Turns out I'm a whiny old man and a small pouch just dropped. Feel free to close this thread, leaving it as a monument to rng causing me to get all bitter and shit. :lol:
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Request: Runecrafting Pouch State Check

Post by Red Bracket »

jk lol we've all been there