Merlin's Crystal Bugged Demon Summon

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Merlin's Crystal Bugged Demon Summon

Post by The RWBY Phoenix »

What did you do?--
Attempted to Summon "Thrantax the Mighty" during Merlin's Crystal quest following both the 2009scape and OSRS walkthrough guides

What happened?
No matter what combination/order of method I can't seem to get the Demon to spawn, whether I light the black candle before dropping the bat bones, lighting it after, dropping multiple bat bones, having multiple black candles

What did you expect to happen? (Provide a source from runescape wiki/youtube/etc if possible)
https://youtu.be/ESX-qriNtCE?t=413
(Should start at 6:53)

Are there any relevant item/npc IDs? (use ::debug command in chat)
bat bones ID:530
Black Candle ID:38(32 When Lit)
Excalibur ID:35

Any screenshots/recordings?
Yes, a few

Have you reproduced it on the test server? If so, what are the steps?
I have not, however it's fairly repeatable

[Moderation edit: Locked as resolved by https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... uests/1211 ]
Attachments
ezgif-4-2e538087ab.jpg
ezgif-4-2e538087ab.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Jagex Full 2391 23 03 18 1518.png
Jagex Full 2391 23 03 18 1518.png (184.28 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Merlin's Crystal Bugged Demon Summon

Post by Ceikry »

Please note that OSRS is not an acceptable source for any kind of content behavior claim. The guide to sourcing data is pinned in this forum, and a massive catalog of quest reference videos are provided in that post.
Nerds
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Apologies, I saw no such pinned catalog, I spent over 45 minutes attempt every possible method I could think of before posting here, and was repeatedly met with "That's weird" or "I don't know"

and when I stepped over to Discord, I was almost immediately redirected here so I did what I could to keep it clear that I had done everything within my power to solve this on my own before bringing it to a Bug forum

I have used almost exclusively 2009scape info, wiki, and quest walkthroughs, and this was the first time I hit a complete wall in terms of progress, so I folded and came here

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

No, by all means reporting bugs is a good thing. I just wanted to make it clear that when doing so, OSRS is not an acceptable thing to cite. We have a guide for sourcing data viewtopic.php?t=19-guide-to-sourcing-data
Nerds
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

I have the link pinned now

Other than that, any luck figuring out what I screwed up on?
As far as the guide goes, I have completely recreated every single step I possibly can, it wont let me redo the "Hide in Crate" animation and I can't get Morgan to reappear from fighting the NPC on the top floor

I don't know what else I can try, and I have had people say "It works for me" but no matter what I try, it DOESN'T work for me for some reason