[Issue Created] Ava's devices potentially collecting while logged out

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
Telixnth
Noob

[Issue Created] Ava's devices potentially collecting while logged out

Post by Telixnth »

Siam brought this to my attention. He had been finding random steel items scattered around the world, respawning on the same tile(s) throughout the day. It seemed like a player or bot dropping steel/iron items as Ava's accumulates them, but was strange in that it was only ever on the same tile. He had no idea how to prove it was related to Ava's, though.

But I had an epiphany -- While I was in Rogue's Den, iron and steel items were occasionally spawning on the tile south of the banking NPC. This had not happened the previous days I was here. Suddenly I thought... what if worn Ava's devices are collecting iron/steel items while a player is offline, and something about that is dropping them on the ground at the player's logged out position?

This is conjecture, but it at least seems like testable conjecture. Though I am not sure how to do so.

What did you do?
I... existed? In general, anywhere in the world?

What happened?
Steel and iron items kept appearing on the ground on specific tiles, often for hours/days at a time, but then suddenly ceasing.

What did you expect to happen?
Items only spawn where they are instructed to by the server database.

Are there any relevant item/npc IDs? (use ::debug command in chat)
10498 - Ava's Attractor
10499 - Ava's Accumulator
Could be either or both, I suppose.

Any screenshots/recordings?
I have pictures of steel items on the ground, though I do not believe that's helpful in any way.
https://i.imgur.com/S5LuBX7.png
https://i.imgur.com/VSd0HlD.png

Have you reproduced it on the test server? If so, what are the steps?
Don't know how.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Ava's devices potentially collecting while logged out

Post by Ceikry »

That's an interesting theory, and considering how broken ava's has proven to be in the past, I would 100% believe it.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Ava's devices potentially collecting while logged out

Post by Ceikry »

i've been hearing about this issue for a while and frankly I just want to rewrite ava's at this point, so I will create a reminder issue for myself and get to that.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: [Issue Created] Ava's devices potentially collecting while logged out

Post by Ceikry »

Update: I have created a merge request that completely rewrites ava's handling, and should fix all known issues: https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... quests/745
Nerds