[Issue Created] HCIM Death causes server to null/crash.

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
whoosh
Noob

[Issue Created] HCIM Death causes server to null/crash.

Post by whoosh »

What did you do?

I was playing the game and a HCIM died.

What happened?

After the HCIM died, the server stayed online however no one could move and this was reported by multiple other players. Players then attempted to relog and upon logging back in, entities were blank.

What did you expect to happen?

For the poor HCIM to die and for the server to pay their respects.

Are there any relevant item/npc IDs? (use ::debug command in chat)

-

Any screenshots/recordings?

-

Have you reproduced it on the test server? If so, what are the steps?

No, @ryan mentioned this was a known issue. That can be triggered by chickens and random events. If necessary, I think we can replicate this.

[Moderation edit: Locking as not able to reproduce. If this was still an issue on live, I think it would have occured some time in the last however many months since this report, but as far as I know it never has across dozens of HCIM deaths.]