Feedback on Merge Request 1302: Reintroduce PvP + Wilderness Enhancements

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on Merge Request 1302: Reintroduce PvP + Wilderness Enhancements

Post by Ceikry »

Stat-locking is not sufficient I don't think, and the only reason the wilderness spot was even considered (let alone added) was because of the substantial unavoidable risk you would be under. The alternative is plain and simply not being available whatsoever.
Nerds
ChocolatePancakes
Froob

Post by ChocolatePancakes »

Adding a quest is ridiculously easy. A person who does programming and knows kotlin can do it in a couple of hours,

As for the whole thing. Previously, it was pvp on wild without these enhancements, maybe this is the path people will take, which does not change the fact that any inauthentic change should not take place if the main goal of the project is authenticity.
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Post by The RWBY Phoenix »

Personally this doesn't feel like an "Anti-Pvp" but rather an "anti-content" argument, which I disagree heavily

Rev's being the exclusive way to farm Brawlers in the Wildy seems unfair considering they are untradeable anyways, and the risk of fighting Revs is circumvented by making a pure, grinding... however many needed, then to level to max using the gloves, which seems like a poor excuse as to why other monsters shouldn't be able to drop them as well when the risk instead is not 1 single combat high stat enemy, but the potential to be ganged up on by Pvp-ers (which would be limited anyways in our current population) as well as stray revs.

As far as the adding of Dark Beast and Abby Demons to Multi-combat, it doesn't change the fact that, again, it would be in a risking area, and you run the risk of getting PK'd, and would still require grinding out slayer levels to even utilize the spots to begin with.

Not to mention, even though I am absolutely anti-PvP and will likely never take part in "risking" pvp combat, I can see the benefits brought by these opportunities in exchange for the risk of running into some dick-head trying to kill other players

The only real argument I can see to be made here is that it's not authentic, which is not a good argument considering the fact that we do not have the playerbase to lean 100% into authenticity without sacrificing the ability to take part in some implemented content. I would rather have QoL help, Bots in PC/Castlewars and rewards for the deep wildy than have everything be empty and authentic

But that's just me
DreamTheater
Noob

Post by DreamTheater »

ChocolatePancakes wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:27 pm Adding a quest is ridiculously easy. A person who does programming and knows kotlin can do it in a couple of hours,

As for the whole thing. Previously, it was pvp on wild without these enhancements, maybe this is the path people will take, which does not change the fact that any inauthentic change should not take place if the main goal of the project is authenticity.
When has adding any quest been "ridiculously easy?" Can you back that up by writing Swan Song in a couple of hours yourself, given the entire project is volunteer.

As of now there is no PVP which is the most inauthentic state we can be in. Instead of people suggesting tweaks to this MR just a few but a loud few haven't taken due dilligence to really analyze this properly. The proposals are very clever solution to not only PVP rejuvenating and rebalancing the wilderness as a whole given what we are.
Lulo
Noob

Post by Lulo »

I’ll keep this brief because I’m on work smoko,
I support the update 👍👍
ChocolatePancakes
Froob

Post by ChocolatePancakes »

the company responsible for the game didn't ask players for their opinion, it simply rolled out updates, so any inauthentic changes should be removed, and future updates and patches should be added based on authentic sources.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

But szu, you said yourself you use the old client, which has SEVERAL inauthentic modifications, and you use this by choice despite knowing for a fact that the new client is authentic-by-default. I'm not sure you really have room to speak.
Nerds