OSRS Insanity - Shooting Stars

Discussion of OSRS
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

OSRS Insanity - Shooting Stars

Post by Red Bracket »

For those who missed it -

Shooting Stars were updated in OSRS to not decay faster with more miners. A small update, but with massive ramifications:

* At ~70+ mining, you consistently get 20-30k xp/hr, and 1k star dust/hr
* You only have to click once per layer
* Layers last 10-20 minutes
* Using the "Logout Timer" RuneLite plugin, you can set your AFK Logout time to 25 minutes
* Using the "Idle Notifier" RuneLite plugin, you can be notified when the layer depletes
* Gem Bags, worth 300 gem bags, give 40 random uncut gems
* Websites like this one track stars across worlds
* Keep in mind EzScape has no forced random events

Basically, for those who aren't following along - I'm clicking once every 20 minutes for 25k exp 140 gems/hr. This is nearly 50% the exp rate of doing Iron Ore, and you get profit.

Anyways, if anyone wants to play an OSRS Ironmeme with Ethan and I then shoot me a DM. Our ultimate goal on the account is Untrimmed Slayer Cape, and as long as you're somewhat reputable in the community we'll trust you to join in :lol:
Last edited by Red Bracket on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: OSRS Insanity - Shooting Stars

Post by Ceikry »

Yet another backport that OSRS not only managed to fail at backporting properly - but completely unbalanced it in the process. At this point anyone who tells me unironically "they are not trying to deliberately destroy the balance of the game" is a literal clown with no grasp of reality. The only alternative to it being deliberate at this point is just sheer and irredeemable levels of incompetence. Pick your poison.
Nerds
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

> At this point anyone who tells me unironically "they are not trying to deliberately destroy the balance of the game" is a literal clown with no grasp of reality

Nightmare Zone shop alone explains that. The mentality of the dev team, according to Mat K, was if they make people do things like manually collect herblore secondaries rather than fight bosses, people will quit. So the game doesn't even try to keep the balance it was built on, because those very same game developers don't believe it will make a successful game.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Ironic, considering RuneScape's peak years were during an era where that balance was in full swing.
Nerds