Falador Achievement Diary (Medium)

General discussion
General Iroh
Noob

Falador Achievement Diary (Medium)

Post by General Iroh »

Hey folks,

I'm going through completing the medium achievement tasks for Falador and the final one left is "travel from port sarim to musa point for free (with a little help from charos)". For the life of me I can't get the Charos Ring. Dr Fenkenstrain is not in his castle, I can't get to Harmony Island to see if he's there, and Queen Ellamaria is not at Varrock Palace. So I've exhausted all the sources I know of. I asked on the global chat and was informed that it may not have been implemented yet. If so, does anyone know if there's a work around so I can complete the tasks and upgrade my shield, or am I missing something?

Surely someone else has tried to complete the diaries :?

Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Falador Achievement Diary (Medium)

Post by Ceikry »

The diaries aren't all able to be completed. This is intentional. You'll have to wait until the relevant content is implemented. The alternative would be giving you diary rewards you didn't actually earn because you didn't actually have to do the prerequisites.
Nerds
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

General Iroh
Noob

Post by General Iroh »

Ceikry wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:42 pm The diaries aren't all able to be completed. This is intentional. You'll have to wait until the relevant content is implemented. The alternative would be giving you diary rewards you didn't actually earn because you didn't actually have to do the prerequisites.
Thanks for your response. It's evident that the current list of achievement tasks in 2009scape are an abridged version of the list available in the original version. On the basis that all the others tasks on the abridged list can be completed leads me to think that this is more an issue of a bug/oversight rather than an issue of content not being implemented yet, and I completely understand that happening in a project like this that's run on the generosity of volunteers. I was wondering whether anyone else was having the same problem or if they'd found a workaround.

Nevermind, thanks anyway for trying to help.
General Iroh
Noob

Post by General Iroh »

ryannathans wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:45 pm Some guides: https://cdn.2009scape.org/wiki/achievement_guides
Thanks :) That's a great resource - thanks for pointing it out. It's a shame though that it's out of date. I'm happy to update it as I'm going through the tasks, if someone would like to give me editing rights :)
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

General Iroh wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:09 am
ryannathans wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:45 pm Some guides: https://cdn.2009scape.org/wiki/achievement_guides
Thanks :) That's a great resource - thanks for pointing it out. It's a shame though that it's out of date. I'm happy to update it as I'm going through the tasks, if someone would like to give me editing rights :)
all you should need to do is register an account and you'll be able to edit
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

General Iroh wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:06 am
Ceikry wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:42 pm The diaries aren't all able to be completed. This is intentional. You'll have to wait until the relevant content is implemented. The alternative would be giving you diary rewards you didn't actually earn because you didn't actually have to do the prerequisites.
Thanks for your response. It's evident that the current list of achievement tasks in 2009scape are an abridged version of the list available in the original version. On the basis that all the others tasks on the abridged list can be completed leads me to think that this is more an issue of a bug/oversight rather than an issue of content not being implemented yet, and I completely understand that happening in a project like this that's run on the generosity of volunteers. I was wondering whether anyone else was having the same problem or if they'd found a workaround.

Nevermind, thanks anyway for trying to help.
I don't believe the diaries are abridged. If you think something is missing from the diaries, create a bug report.
Note that the OSRS diaries are not accurate to 2009.
Nerds