Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Discussion of OSRS
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Post by Red Bracket »

Knocked out some more quests today; going to need to start focusing more on money makers, with bonds well over 10M each it's getting expensive to make that in 14 days + do a bunch of skilling

H a x
Froob

Re: Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Post by H a x »

I saw flipping OSRS's video on bonds reaching 10M, insane inflation lol. I cant imagine having to burn through 20M a month just to sustain playing. Like forget cannonball alts, mining alts, or any other alt that doesnt allow you to dolo bosses. Truley only rune dragon alts are actually worth anything anymore. Part of the reason I quit OSRS in the first place was that mindless need to grind GP for bond sustainment.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

I was training farming for a super long time, only to do the math and realize farming isn't super good GP. Blast furnace has a high banrate so I'm cautious with it, but gotta get that gold somehow

Total bot time: 858 hours, 1 minute
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

The music stops!

The account reached about 1680 total level, botting an average of 15 hours a day before getting banned:

Cause of ban was botting Guardians of the Rift. "Had I been smarter" I could probably have avoided the ban, but there's no fun in that. I made it nearly 2 months straight.

The beginning was a lot more interesting; towards the end, I was botting full 12 hour sessions and only getting 1 or 2 levels (where's the dopamine hit in that?), all for the cost of keeping my laptop running overnight. If I do the experiment again later, I'll probably do it on a dedicated headless server where I can just "set and forget" about the bot for weeks at a time.

My thoughts on botting haven't changed much - Jagex has a conflict of interest, and in light of trying to be sold, doesn't want bots to get banned. The short sighted solutions Jagex has employed to "curb the effects of botting" (i.e. offering many resources for free as boss drops) have caused the bots to do the highest level game content, plummeting GP down to $0.14/m (from $0.30/m when this started).
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

AAaaaaaaand more proof Jagex doesn't want to stop the bots
► Show Spoiler
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

It's been a while! As you all know, I took a break from botting as I had caught a temp ban. My original plan was to get a super long prodigy, but KDE 6 just released and I want to reboot my computer.