Disappearing Clue bug (Item kept on death button)

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
Killton
Noob

Disappearing Clue bug (Item kept on death button)

Post by Killton »

Seems l found an odd bug regarding clues when using the Items kept on death button. If you use this button with the 1+ item prayer, your clue scroll will disappear from your inventory and the only way to get it back is to visit a bank and it will reappear in your inventory. This seemed to only work with the prayer on as having it without didn't trigger this. I only had 4 items on my person at the time so I'm gonna guess it was storing the clue in the item lost on death interface and was not putting back in the inventory like the other 3 items I had on at the time.

[Moderation edit: Locking as same issue reported in https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/-/issues/1489 ]
ryannathans
Staff

Re: Disappearing Clue bug (Item kept on death button)

Post by ryannathans »

this isn't specific to clues, that button doesn't restore the inventory afterwards (bug, needs to be fixed) and you need to click something that restores the inventory container like the equipment button next to it (or a bank as you mentioned)
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing Clue bug (Item kept on death button)

Post by Ceikry »

Items are not moved out of your inventory for this, all that's happening is a purely visual client bug.
Nerds