Slayer task chain broken abnormally

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
Mr E1337
Noob

Slayer task chain broken abnormally

Post by Mr E1337 »

Having a slayer task from Vannaka that wasn't complete, I went to Chaeldar to get a new task, however despite having rerolls I was given a task without using a reroll or being asked to use one, and now my slayer tasks in a row has been reset, I'm unsure how to replicate this since slayers normally ask to use one of your rerolls.

The only thing of note I can recall was that it was my first time getting a task from Chaeldar.
nido
Noob

Re: Slayer task chain broken abnormally

Post by nido »

I don't think this is a bug, and is intentional. From my understanding rerolling at another master will reset your task streak. I've never tried it but I've seen it come up in game chat.
Mr E1337
Noob

Post by Mr E1337 »

I was able to have Vennaka use a reroll to reroll and task I had from Chaeldar, so I can only assume it was intended for slayer master to reroll task from other slayer masters.
Mr E1337
Noob

Post by Mr E1337 »

Update: I replicated the bug several times now by asking for a task from Sumona when I don't have the requirements for a task from her, then asking for a new task from another master, this gives me a new task without using a reroll when normal behavior is that the master either asks to use a reroll, or refuses to give you a task because your out of rerolls.

I suspect it's either Sumona herself who breaks slayer tasks, or it might be asking a master for a task when you don't have the requirements to be taught by that master.