Progress sub pls?

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
Sia
Froob

Progress sub pls?

Post by Sia »

I would love to see a forum sub added for "In-game Progress" or "In-game Media", so people can share their progress (ideally by updating their same thread when deemed necessary) for others to see.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Progress sub pls?

Post by Ceikry »

Couldn't this be accomplished with a single thread?
Nerds
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:05 pm Couldn't this be accomplished with a single thread?
Yes, but I moretheless was wanting to make a thread and update it frequently of my Ironman progress, which would be all disorganized if multiple people used a single thread.

So I was thinking a sub that each person can post their individual thread in would be more ideal/clean/organized.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Do a thread for yourself in the general subfora for now and if it becomes a popular enough thing I'll consider it. I can always move your thread later.
Nerds
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:16 pm Do a thread for yourself in the general subfora for now and if it becomes a popular enough thing I'll consider it. I can always move your thread later.
Fair enough.
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

same should go for any theme/topic, use general, have a clear title pattern and we can split things up when and if they become necessary to do so
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

ryannathans wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:13 am same should go for any theme/topic, use general, have a clear title pattern and we can split things up when and if they become necessary to do so
Had originally considered using General but am used to most forums having more suitable subs for such, so figured I'd request.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Sia wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:56 am
ryannathans wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:13 am same should go for any theme/topic, use general, have a clear title pattern and we can split things up when and if they become necessary to do so
Had originally considered using General but am used to most forums having more suitable subs for such, so figured I'd request.
We are trying to avoid the issue of over-splitting the categories resulting in many dead-weight sections.
Nerds
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:41 pm
Sia wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:56 am
We are trying to avoid the issue of over-splitting the categories resulting in many dead-weight sections.
Understood.