logging out while npc has less than half hp result in drops to not appear globally

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
meep
Noob

Re: logging out while npc has less than half hp might result in disappearing drops

Post by meep »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:37 pm
Sia wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm I believe it is authentic to be able to log back in, even an hour later, and finish the kill and still receive the drop. However I also believe that if you did over half the total damage prior to your logging out, you would have to wait for the drop to appear globally/publicly before you could see it.

If I can find a source for information on this I will post it.
Sia wrote: However I also believe that if you did over half the total damage prior to your logging out, you would have to wait for the drop to appear globally/publicly before you could see it.
This is the critical part that indicates it works exactly how I mentioned above
so i tested this on a guard, the loot never appeared globally (should appear globally after sometime if I'm interpreting how you describe it correctly)
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: logging out while npc has less than half hp might result in disappearing drops

Post by Ceikry »

meep wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:50 pm
Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:37 pm
Sia wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm I believe it is authentic to be able to log back in, even an hour later, and finish the kill and still receive the drop. However I also believe that if you did over half the total damage prior to your logging out, you would have to wait for the drop to appear globally/publicly before you could see it.

If I can find a source for information on this I will post it.
Sia wrote: However I also believe that if you did over half the total damage prior to your logging out, you would have to wait for the drop to appear globally/publicly before you could see it.
This is the critical part that indicates it works exactly how I mentioned above
so i tested this on a guard, the loot never appeared globally (should appear globally after sometime if I'm interpreting how you describe it correctly)
Then this is the actual bug.
Please update the thread title and description.
Nerds
meep
Noob

Re: logging out while npc has less than half hp result in drops to not appear globally

Post by meep »

Ceikry wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:38 pm
Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:37 pm This is the critical part that indicates it works exactly how I mentioned above
updated title and description.
so can i get the arma helm lost to bug?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: logging out while npc has less than half hp result in drops to not appear globally

Post by Ceikry »

meep wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:40 pm
We require proof, without proof anyone could lie about losing something and get free items.
Nerds
meep
Noob

Post by meep »

Ceikry wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:11 pm
meep wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:40 pm

We require proof, without proof anyone could lie about losing something and get free items.
d..PNG
d..PNG (144.45 KiB) Viewed 912 times
the announcement showed but there was no drop