Transforming scenery object

Various development-related discussions
whoosh
Noob

Transforming scenery object

Post by whoosh »

Hey, I'm working on the temple of ikov quest.

I'm at the part where you attach the lever handle (id 83) to the lever bracket (id 86).

I cannot "use" the lever handle on the bracket, it does nothing (my character does not move) and I receive no dialogue saying that there's an unhandled interaction or so.

Also, I'm wondering when I figure out the point above, how I would transform the lever bracket into a complete lever.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Transforming scenery object

Post by Ceikry »

whoosh wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:11 pm Hey, I'm working on the temple of ikov quest.

I'm at the part where you attach the lever handle (id 83) to the lever bracket (id 86).

I cannot "use" the lever handle on the bracket, it does nothing (my character does not move) and I receive no dialogue saying that there's an unhandled interaction or so.
Have you created code to handle such an interaction? If so, post it.
whoosh wrote: Also, I'm wondering when I figure out the point above, how I would transform the lever bracket into a complete lever.
This is one of the things Varbits are for, read up about all of that here.
Nerds
whoosh
Noob

Post by whoosh »

I'm not sure what code I need to add for this, I added a listener like so:

Code: Select all

on(Scenery.LEVER_BRACKET_86, SCENERY, "use") { player, bracket ->
            println("Using lever on bracket...")

// Check that I have the lever handle and do something to make this a complete lever

return@on true
        }
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

whoosh wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:19 pm I'm not sure what code I need to add for this, I added a listener like so:

on(Scenery.LEVER_BRACKET_86, SCENERY, "use") { player, bracket ->
            println("Using lever on bracket...")

// Check that I have the lever handle and do something to make this a complete lever

return@on true
        }

onUseWith(SCENERY, Items.LEVER_WHATEVER, Scenery.LEVER_BRACKET_86) {player, bracket ->
		/** code **/
	}
Use with interactions are fundamentally a different type of interaction and are handled differently.
Nerds
whoosh
Noob

Post by whoosh »

Oh boy.. I read my code after I posted it and waited for this lol
whoosh
Noob

Post by whoosh »

Yeah same problem, it doesn't say I have an unhandled interaction, there's just no interaction:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... backet.mov
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »

Scenery objects that have an examine but no left-click options incorrectly didn't get loaded into the map server-side (so they appear as null for use-item-with-scenery interactions when choosing which handler to dispatch to). That's fixed in !758, so rebase onto 24d42a4c70c6bff18d4d192a982a7956707f1680 until that's merged.
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »

Ceikry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:17 pm
whoosh wrote: Also, I'm wondering when I figure out the point above, how I would transform the lever bracket into a complete lever.
"Lever bracket" 86 and "Lever" 87 don't seem to have varps or varbits associated with them, nor is there a wrapper object that contains them.

86: SceneryDefinition { name: "Lever bracket", models: [2092], configuration: [4], interactable: Some(1) }
87: SceneryDefinition { name: "Lever", models: [2108], configuration: [4], interactable: Some(1), options: [Some("Pull"), None, None, None, None] }
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

aweinstock wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:21 pm
Ceikry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:17 pm
"Lever bracket" 86 and "Lever" 87 don't seem to have varps or varbits associated with them, nor is there a wrapper object that contains them.

86: SceneryDefinition { name: "Lever bracket", models: [2092], configuration: [4], interactable: Some(1) }
87: SceneryDefinition { name: "Lever", models: [2108], configuration: [4], interactable: Some(1), options: [Some("Pull"), None, None, None, None] }
yup, already been acknowledged. Some of this discussion leaked into the discord because he pinged me with a video.
Nerds