[Suggestion] - Pest Control

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
SZUMASTER
Noob

[Suggestion] - Pest Control

Post by SZUMASTER »

After 2/3 rounds, the player does not get to the game, but only gets the information that he is 1st in next round.
this causes depression, lack of motivation, and a reduction in the quality of enjoyment of the game.

I suggest removing the limit related to the number of players in the pest control arena so everyone who enter on the boat will play and not wait, or according to the clan chat: give priority only to real people and not push bots to the front wave.

Even if this is not a genuine change, it will allow you to have much more fun with the game, and benefit future hunts.
Last edited by SZUMASTER on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushtail
Tech Support

Re: [Suggestion] - Pest Control

Post by bushtail »

so we're just dropping homophobic slurs now?
Resident chad Winblows user
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

it's a joke? your statement does not relate to the topic of the thread, or i'm failed while translate the thext and you read it wrong.
SnowDragon
Noob

Post by SnowDragon »

Minus the language, I agree. It'd be great if there were some way of prioritizing players above bots, or ensuring bots don't get in the landers once they're full. The pest control grind is long enough (games go slower with bots, as compared to real players) without having to add the waiting game that results from missing the lander.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Actually, no, this has been suggested multiple times and I have rejected it every time.

Bots are treated like players, so you do not get special privileges over them.

You should be happy you even have bots.
Nerds
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Image fuck your joke kek there is no mistranslation
Resident chad Winblows user
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

For some context, the PC bots took around 150+ hours to develop, before which there was no way to play Pest Control if you did not have people to play with.

What followed 150+ hours of work Kermit and I didn't have to spend writing bots?

No one thanked us, no one was happy they could actually play PC now, instead we got over 2 weeks of daily complaints that people sometimes had to wait to play Pest Control.

So at this point it's a no on principle.
Nerds
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

bushtail wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:41 pm Image fuck your joke kek there is no mistranslation
I am very sorry. i use deepl.com which apparently has the wrong vocabulary.

I meant: Stać jak ciul. Which in English is difficult to translate but anyway it's probably means that you standing like a moron. (in this situation I think everyone knows what's going on: you want the points, but you need wait 4 minutes because bots have priorities)
SnowDragon
Noob

Post by SnowDragon »

Ceikry, that's a very important point, and I hadn't considered it that way. Thank you for putting in that many hours to allow the minigame to be playable.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

SnowDragon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:56 pm Ceikry, that's a very important point, and I hadn't considered it that way. Thank you for putting in that many hours to allow the minigame to be playable.
I understand the stance might come off as childish, but it was frankly such a massive display of entitlement at the time that I cannot allow myself to back down from this position yet.
Nerds