[Suggestion] - Pest Control

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
bushtail
Tech Support

Re: [Suggestion] - Pest Control

Post by bushtail »

Comments rescinded, it does look like an actual mistranslation.
Resident chad Winblows user
SnowDragon
Noob

Post by SnowDragon »

Ceikry wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:01 pm
SnowDragon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:56 pm Ceikry, that's a very important point, and I hadn't considered it that way. Thank you for putting in that many hours to allow the minigame to be playable.
I understand the stance might come off as childish, but it was frankly such a massive display of entitlement at the time that I cannot allow myself to back down from this position yet.
Not at all. I've been in this exact position at work before, so I fully understand how you feel. It really sucks to do something and have people point out every little downside instead of the actual work you did.
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

bushtail wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:03 pm Comments rescinded, it does look like an actual mistranslation.
due to the fact that I will try to learn from my mistakes, I suspend my account. So no more situations like this will happen. Apologies once again.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

There used to be enough Pest Control bots that missing a boat would let you get into another boat fairly quickly. Although I haven't checked the PC bots in years, it might be possible to make a change that gives a similar effect.
Legendary Rare
Noob

Post by Legendary Rare »

Red Bracket wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:38 am There used to be enough Pest Control bots that missing a boat would let you get into another boat fairly quickly. Although I haven't checked the PC bots in years, it might be possible to make a change that gives a similar effect.
If you exit the boat after the first one leaves, it's possible to spawn more bots when you re-enter and get 2 boats going, not always consistent depending how many spawn.
Ceikry wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:45 pm For some context, the PC bots took around 150+ hours to develop, before which there was no way to play Pest Control if you did not have people to play with.

What followed 150+ hours of work Kermit and I didn't have to spend writing bots?

No one thanked us, no one was happy they could actually play PC now, instead we got over 2 weeks of daily complaints that people sometimes had to wait to play Pest Control.

So at this point it's a no on principle.
A lot of people just grind at PC to get void and it leaves a bad sentiment for the minigame but I just love playing it. I was one of the first players to flood the island when PC originally released and even years after the hype I would go to the island and help the noob boat get quick wins because I remember the excitement of having a high level player join the noob boat.

The bot you both created is very authentic to the golden age when boats were maxed out and players would stand around the dock area chilling or run back and forth to the bank area, void knights and both docks.

I actually am very thankful to you and Kermit for the creation of these bots, I'm going to take a guess that this doesn't make up for 150 hours of work but I hope it does make you feel a bit better.
Also be aware that the work you both did also inspires the creation of even more content for all of us to enjoy.