Daily account limit update

General discussion
Sia
Froob

Daily account limit update

Post by Sia »

I am just wondering why there is a limit of 3 accounts per day that you can log into rather than just limiting the amount to be logged into at once to 2-3 accounts per ip/mac address.

I'm sure there's a valid/worthy reason for such, but cannot place it myself.

I do however find it to not be a major inconvenience for most, unless someone one day offers stuff such as fire cape services, seeing as account sharing is allowed, or possibly the fact that some people have a normie + an ironman they play at once, along with a pure they may wish to pk or rev hunt on that same day, as-well as an alt mule as a spare bank.

Thanks for any info as to this update.
ryannathans
Staff

Re: Daily account limit update

Post by ryannathans »

Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

5m Secondary banks? I was not aware of this. Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks in advance.
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Summer wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:34 am
Sia wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:30 am 5m Secondary banks? I was not aware of this. Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks in advance.
It was an update a long while ago where you could talk to the bankers to purchase a second bank for 5m gp. You then can switch between the two banks by speaking to the banker.
Ty for this info @both
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Sia wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:40 pm I do however find it to not be a major inconvenience for most, unless someone one day offers stuff such as fire cape services, seeing as account sharing is allowed, or possibly the fact that some people have a normie + an ironman they play at once, along with a pure they may wish to pk or rev hunt on that same day, as-well as an alt mule as a spare bank.
If you are logging into more than 3 accounts on any given day, you are most likely abusing dailies or some other such feature, as has been observed over the course of the months we've been planning this restriction. 3 was the number we settled on, because 3 was the number that seemed reasonable for legitimate use based on observation.
Nerds
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:14 pm
Sia wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:40 pm I do however find it to not be a major inconvenience for most, unless someone one day offers stuff such as fire cape services, seeing as account sharing is allowed, or possibly the fact that some people have a normie + an ironman they play at once, along with a pure they may wish to pk or rev hunt on that same day, as-well as an alt mule as a spare bank.
If you are logging into more than 3 accounts on any given day, you are most likely abusing dailies or some other such feature, as has been observed over the course of the months we've been planning this restriction. 3 was the number we settled on, because 3 was the number that seemed reasonable for legitimate use based on observation.
Didn't even consider dailies being abused, as they're trash gp after you secure a good gp making method, however I can completely see that being a viable cause.