Fremennik Trials

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
whispersin
Noob

Fremennik Trials

Post by whispersin »

What did you do?
Doing Fremennik Trails

What happened?
During Olaf the Bard it wouldn't let me use the items on the cauldron. So I killed npcs for the enchanted lyre and it won't let me enter the longhall. Possibly because it drops enchanted so it skips the enchanting part of the quest.

During Peer the Seer trail it won't let me fill up the bucket to start his trail.

During Swenson the Navigator the text won't let me progress past asking where to get the weather forcecast from. So it won't update to where I can talk to Peer for the next part of the trail.

What did you expect to happen?
To proceed the quest.

Are there any relevant item/npc IDs? (use ::debug command in chat)
3690 Enchanted Lyre

Any screenshots/recordings?

Have you reproduced it on the test server? If so, what are the steps?
No

[Moderation edit: Locking as resolved by https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... quests/779 ]
giantfrog
Noob

Re: Fremennik Trials

Post by giantfrog »

I'm having the exact same issues on all the things you tried as well, but I haven't got the lyre drop yet.
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

Aruba
Noob

Post by Aruba »

I'm having the same issues as well.

I also tried using the Old red disk and Red disk on the Abstract mural in Peer's house and nothing happened.
whoosh
Noob

Post by whoosh »

I've marked https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... quests/769 as draft.

It's clear that fremmy trials has multiple issues now. We also have some awesome feedback from viewtopic.php?t=31-issue-created-the-fr ... -attention.

I'm going to try to do all of this in one merge request because I think testers are going to have to complete the entire quest again.

My only concern is that this is an important quest for new players and I'm hoping it doesn't take me too long to figure out how to:

1. Add new dialogue after you've sung your song on stage
2. Find the correct pet rock animations (can only see fetch in our dump file)
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

whoosh wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:32 am I've marked https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... quests/769 as draft.

It's clear that fremmy trials has multiple issues now. We also have some awesome feedback from viewtopic.php?t=31-issue-created-the-fr ... -attention.

I'm going to try to do all of this in one merge request because I think testers are going to have to complete the entire quest again.

My only concern is that this is an important quest for new players and I'm hoping it doesn't take me too long to figure out how to:

1. Add new dialogue after you've sung your song on stage
2. Find the correct pet rock animations (can only see fetch in our dump file)
don't hold up important stuff if finding correct animations is taking too long, easy to fix that stuff in followup
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

whoosh wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:32 am (can only see fetch in our dump file)
Then there is only a special animation for fetch, as that dump file contains every animation.
Nerds