Wildy PvP & revenants.

General discussion
Valpuri
Froob

Re: Wildy PvP & revenants.

Post by Valpuri »

There's a very simple and fair way to handle wilderness PvP: make it an account toggle. Everybody gets the experience they want: those who would like wilderness PvP may have it, and those who would like a more authentic 2009 experience may have it. Plus we already have a system like this in place for iron man mode and experience rates, so I don't imagine it would be horribly difficult to implement.
between3and20
Froob

Wildy PvP & revenants.

Post by between3and20 »

zencro wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:30 am
PvP has always been around and has never been removed from the official servers,
which is why there is a designated area for it since 2001 year,
The discussion is about PVP being enabled for the entire wilderness area, not just the specialized areas such as Fist of Guthix/Duel Arena/ etc.
According to an archived Jag announcement during 2009 such activity was reserved for specialized separate worlds designated as PVP.
Again, according to an archived Jag announcement, this was not changed until 1 February 2011.

This why I'd only support it if it was relegated to separately designated worlds as it was during 2009.
But here I think the idea is to include pvp for the wild area only, which is how it has always been in the normal world. You refer to the PVP world in which there were only special designated safe zones. and for the simple inclusion of pvp I would be in favor, as it was before, after all, no one bothered, and pvp is not about running in full eq behind a person with a shovel and a clue scroll.
► Show Spoiler
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

But here I think the idea is to include pvp for the wild area only, which is how it has always been in the normal world.
As I pointed out in the previous post that is NOT "...how it has always been in the normal world."
In particular, it was not that way in 2009. :)
We must all learn to embrace our own inner newbishness...
Email: [email protected]
Ecstasy
Noob

Post by Ecstasy »

Personally I think (as brought up by Savan and i think Zencro and Valkyrie) It would be nice to be able to turn on and off pop mode in wilderness. But Hardmode said some cuter tecky stuff and that's why they can't do that. so the next option would be just turning it on regardless. Cause if you can't turn on and off pvp. I can't think of any other way to make pvp work. Also there is no MULTI COMBAT at duel arena so we couldn't 2v2 DM anywhere
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

I can't think of any other way to make pvp work.

Having a second world reserved for PVP in the wilderness would solve the issue.
I'd suggest leaving the main world as it is.
We must all learn to embrace our own inner newbishness...
Email: [email protected]
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

All of you are still missing the point of why pvp is disabled right now:

It is disabled because there are major, exploitable bugs related to PvP. Changing how many people have access to pvp does not resolve this issue. Changing what world the PvPers are on does not resolve this issue. Adding a toggle does not resolve this issue. Enabling it for everybody does not resolve this issue.

There will not be a 2nd world dedicated to pvp, ever. That is an extreme waste of resources and dev overhead.
Nerds