Client stuck while booting

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
iSkryllz
Noob

Client stuck while booting

Post by iSkryllz »

Hello,

The client loaded just fine last night until this morning when I tried to reboot the client and got the following error message while being stuck on loading world list data.

Funny enough I was pointed to come to the forums by Ceikry.

Any reason why this might be happening?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Client stuck while booting

Post by Ceikry »

iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:59 pm Funny enough I was pointed to come to the forums by Ceikry.
That whole client is slated to be replaced, so there's functionally no reason to bother updating things like this.

I have no trouble connecting to the live server.

Can you connect to this link?
What about this one?
Nerds
iSkryllz
Noob

Post by iSkryllz »

Ceikry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:04 pm
iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:59 pm Funny enough I was pointed to come to the forums by Ceikry.
That whole client is slated to be replaced, so there's functionally no reason to bother updating things like this.

What about this one?
That's fine if you can connect. But that doesn't resolve this issue nor does it help anyone by saying "YOU CAN"... I will try to delete the cache and try again.
iSkryllz
Noob

Post by iSkryllz »

Summer wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:09 pm
iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:59 pm Hello,

The client loaded just fine last night until this morning when I tried to reboot the client and got the following error message while being stuck on loading world list data.

Sounds like it could be cache related on your end. Maybe the launcher didn't grab the cache correctly while you updated the launcher this morning. Gitlab was going under maintenance iirc.
Thank you for your response. Yea it appears so I deleted the cache, and when launching it said there was a new update, after clicking got an error by GitLab. I will have to wait until that is resolved.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:07 pm
Ceikry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:04 pm

What about this one?
That's fine if you can connect. But that doesn't resolve this issue nor does it help anyone by saying "YOU CAN"... I will try to delete the cache and try again.
You don't seem to understand. I stated that I can, to rule out the live server itself being the issue. You didn't answer my question about whether or not you can connect to the links, which was my next debugging step, and instead elected to do something I never asked you to do. I'm not helping you any longer.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:11 pm

Sounds like it could be cache related on your end. Maybe the launcher didn't grab the cache correctly while you updated the launcher this morning. Gitlab was going under maintenance iirc.
Thank you for your response. Yea it appears so I deleted the cache, and when launching it said there was a new update, after clicking got an error by GitLab. I will have to wait until that is resolved.
Launcher != client, and we do not host the client download on gitlab.
Nerds
iSkryllz
Noob

Post by iSkryllz »

Sounds like it could be cache related on your end. Maybe the launcher didn't grab the cache correctly while you updated with the launcher this morning. Gitlab was going under maintenance iirc.
Thank you for your help once again.. after getting the updated launcher it updated the client and it ran perfectly...
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:15 pm

Sounds like it could be cache related on your end. Maybe the launcher didn't grab the cache correctly while you updated with the launcher this morning. Gitlab was going under maintenance iirc.
Thank you for your help once again.. after getting the updated launcher it updated the client and it ran perfectly...
My bad for assuming that your launcher wasn't 4 months out of date (which is the time period in which we updated it to change a port - which caused your issue here)
Nerds
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Ceikry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:18 pm
iSkryllz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:15 pm

My bad for assuming that your launcher wasn't 4 months out of date (which is the time period in which we updated it to change a port - which caused your issue here)
wait have i rly been here for more than 4 months?
Resident chad Winblows user
Qwerty
Noob

Post by Qwerty »

I am having the exact same issue. Which caches did you delete in order for it to run?
I already tried to find them myself but i wasn't able to make it run...