Favorite Time Wasters

General discussion
Ceikry
Site Admin

Favorite Time Wasters

Post by Ceikry »

Curious what everyone else does on 2009Scape when they want to play but don't really have any specific goal in mind.

For me, I tend to just chop trees and sometimes fletch or mine. What do you lot do?
Nerds
lila
Noob

Re: Favorite Time Wasters

Post by lila »

I like to go 'touring' around skills. Pick a skill and train it. Usually I go for one of my lowest skills. Sometimes I do a slayer task, sometimes fishing or woodcutting or trying to find crafting materials. Probably soon I'll have to do some thieving :)
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Pyramid plunder probably a good choice for some "enjoyable" thieving training. Can make some decent loose change, or you can choose to drop everything and do runs as fast as you can for massive XP gains. Best method for training it currently in the game.
Nerds
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Multi-step process:
1. Buy soda ash from Ryan
2. Fill half inventory with buckets
3. Go to the land of the fairies, the one with every Nevada man's fantasy in the middle of it
4. Fill buckets with sand, fill other half inventory with soda ash
5. Make as many molten glass as possible
6. Turn all molten glass into vials
7. Fill all vials with water
8. Collect ingredients for potions of your choosing
9. Use all vials to make the potions
Resident chad Winblows user
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

1. Feed a stray dogs.
2. Searching all crates, boxes etc I found.
2. I stand, wondering what I was supposed to do.
3. Mining resources in strange places.
4. Waiting in the menu for unban.
5. Taking photos and recording gameplay (currently 143 videos, 1025 photos)
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:14 pm Curious what everyone else does on 2009Scape when they want to play but don't really have any specific goal in mind.

For me, I tend to just chop trees and sometimes fletch or mine. What do you lot do?
Keeping trying to not exp-waste in mind, I generally rush to something semi-afk like rock crabs, cutting yews or fishing monks/sharks.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Sia wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:39 am
Ceikry wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:14 pm Curious what everyone else does on 2009Scape when they want to play but don't really have any specific goal in mind.

Keeping trying to not exp-waste in mind, I generally rush to something semi-afk like rock crabs, cutting yews or fishing monks/sharks.
exp-waste is a concept spawned from the toxic minmax cesspit of OSRS. I don't think anyone actually cared about that sort of thing back in RS2. At least, none of the people I met while playing did.
Nerds
Sia
Froob

Post by Sia »

Ceikry wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:33 pm
Sia wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:39 am

exp-waste is a concept spawned from the toxic minmax cesspit of OSRS. I don't think anyone actually cared about that sort of thing back in RS2. At least, none of the people I met while playing did.
While very popular in OSRS/RS3 nowadays, exp-wasting has always deemed itself present, just now more widely apparent, as most Scapers these days understand the game and play to achieve rather than play to just screw around.

I have always, even as a young child, Scaped for efficiency, after my first 2 weeks or so of first ever touching Scape. Once you realize you can get gear/items/wealth that you desire faster by not slacking off, you never turn back (so as long as you don’t lack motivation).
Rosareven
Noob

Post by Rosareven »

As a new RS player, skill tour as someone else has said. Or run somewhere I haven't visited before and see what madness lies ahead.

If I want to avoid action and do something even more idle, I fish or craft.
between3and20
Froob

Favorite Time Wasters

Post by between3and20 »

:)
Last edited by between3and20 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.