Client not loading

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
rng slayer
Noob

Client not loading

Post by rng slayer »

The client gets stuck at loading world list data. How can I fix this? I just redownloaded jre 8u but still gives me this error. My laptop is windows. Thank you very much for help.
Byte
Noob

Re: Client not loading

Post by Byte »

Java 11 tends to work better than Java 8, that's the first thing.

Also this thread: viewtopic.php?t=146-client-stuck-while-booting
rng slayer
Noob

Post by rng slayer »

Byte wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:01 am Java 11 tends to work better than Java 8, that's the first thing.

Also this thread: viewtopic.php?t=146-client-stuck-while-booting

I downloaded java 11 now, jdk 11.0.16 but still gives me same error. I saw on that post you linked me to that the person deleted cache but i can´t find cache to delete. I also saw that there was a different launcher (I could be mistaken). I downloaded the one on the website, clicked play now. I don´t understand much about these things.
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Resident chad Winblows user
rng slayer
Noob

Post by rng slayer »

Downloaded, clicked play and it loaded cache. Now it doesn´t let me click play because it says (already running) but didn´t open a client.
Byte
Noob

Post by Byte »

If you have a screenshot that'd be great.

Double check that you don't have anything running in your task manager. You could also enable multiple client instances to run at the same time in the launcher with the checkbox on the right side.

Also make sure you set the launcher to target the "stable server" (you can adjust other settings to your liking). You should also see Java's location specified.
rng slayer
Noob

Post by rng slayer »

Byte wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:35 am If you have a screenshot that'd be great.

Double check that you don't have anything running in your task manager. You could also enable multiple client instances to run at the same time in the launcher with the checkbox on the right side.

Also make sure you set the launcher to target the "stable server" (you can adjust other settings to your liking). You should also see Java's location specified.
https://im.ge/i/12EIdr
here is image. and while im here, when i open client, i type username and password from forums account right
Byte
Noob

Post by Byte »

So you definitely need to fill in that Java location field on the right side. Make sure it points to your Java install (something like this, might be different for you C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.16\bin\java.exe)

And no, once you launch the client you'll be on the login screen. You'll need to click "Create Account" and register an account. You'll then sign into the game with those credentials.

If still having issues, might I suggest a restart of your pc. Just clear everything and maybe you won't get the "already running" issue.

I'm sorry you're having such issues. It's normally not so challenging.
rng slayer
Noob

Post by rng slayer »

Byte wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:43 am So you definitely need to fill in that Java location field on the right side. Make sure it points to your Java install (something like this, might be different for you C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.16\bin\java.exe)

And no, once you launch the client you'll be on the login screen. You'll need to click "Create Account" and register an account. You'll then sign into the game with those credentials.

If still having issues, might I suggest a restart of your pc. Just clear everything and maybe you won't get the "already running" issue.

I'm sorry you're having such issues. It's normally not so challenging.
worked, tysmm!!
Byte
Noob

Post by Byte »

Woo! See you in-game.