IP login limitation.

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Nie
Noob

IP login limitation.

Post by Nie »

I recently moved in with my girlfriend irl, and she plays as well. Normally no issue would arise, but we share the 3-account login limit. I'd like to ask if it could be doubled for our IP since we both like to play multiple accounts at the same time. If you need some sort of verification that I'm telling the truth, we're on Discord, maybe call verification or some such. I don't know if it's even possible, but we each tend to play two at a time minimum, and we're quite limited for now because of this.
Byte
Noob

Re: IP login limitation.

Post by Byte »

Hi Nie.

We understand this is not a great situation for you and your gf, but unfortunately people exploit things and a simple IP restriction was imposed as a deterrent.

With our current implementation, this is a value that applies to all players the same. We do not currently have an immediate way to apply different limits to different players (IPs).

Unfortunately there is little reason to remove this restriction or re-implement it to be able to "whitelist" certain players to have higher limits. The cost-benefit analysis isn't in favor of it.

To see more from the recent discussion on this issue, see https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... 1071334949
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Since you guys are on separate computers, you could use a VPN on one (or both). Mullvad costs about the same as a 2009-era RS membership if you want to try that route
Nie
Noob

Post by Nie »

Much appreciated responses, I'll see what I can do :)