HD mode small screen problem

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
lodis
Noob

HD mode small screen problem

Post by lodis »

hey guys, just wanna say awesome project, enjoying it a lot so far! i tried singleplayer and also localhost of the live server! 🙂

but, just one thing that remains for me is, im on windows, and monitor/res is at 4k, but when I try to use HD mode, the window
is mainly black and the actual game screen is pushed to the bottom left corner.. seems to be some scaling problem. does this mean
I have to change my desktop res to way lower before using the HD mode so it matches the client window?

however, i tried the Saradomin launcher and the experimental version seems to have the HD correctly, even if my desktop is at 4k.
even Singleplayer HD scales correctly.

so is there a way to fix this with non-experimental/singleplayer versions? this happens with legacy, RT4 and Saradomin(legacy).
thanks !
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: HD mode small screen problem

Post by Ceikry »

Experimental client is the only client with support for scaling. What reasons do you have for not wanting to use it?
Nerds
lodis
Noob

Post by lodis »

Well if there is really no way to fix that, then I guess I have no choice. It's not really that
I need to play on the others, more like curious how to fix a certain problem and maybe learn
something in the process.

The only thing with the experimental Saradomin is that it has terrible camera controls it seems.
Cannot even rotate even with pressing control key and moving mouse. I can only rotate and move
with arrow keys. is this a current problem of the experimental, or am i doing something wrong?

thanks!
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

You need to install plugins on the experimental client to get the inauthentic, non-jagex functionality you're looking for. When you selected it in Saradomin, it showed a big "How Do I Install Plugins?" link above the dropdown for you, but I will link you to it as well: https://gitlab.com/2009scape/tools/client-plugins
Nerds
lodis
Noob

Post by lodis »

Ah perfect, that works indeed, thank you so much!