-->> Submit Your Immersive Bot Ideas Here <<---

Various development-related discussions
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

-->> Submit Your Immersive Bot Ideas Here <<---

Post by Red Bracket »

Know an area that feels dead? Know of a simply awesome bot idea that would be awesome to implement? Submit your ideas here!
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: -->> Submit Your Immersive Bot Ideas Here <<---

Post by Red Bracket »

Monkfish fishing bots
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »

Aviansie bots that camp the aviansie spawns at godwars to accumulate noted adamant bars to sell.

- They should spawn at trollhiem (as if they had teleported, or actually teleporting if returning from a bank), and run to GWD along a set route, using protect from ranged for the thrower trolls, and protect from melee for the wolves, and should actually interact with the scenery in the usual way instead of teleporting into the dungeon or clipping through the boulder (so that this functions as an integration test).
- If their loadout contains climbing boots (50% chance?), they should use the agility shortcuts, otherwise they should use snakeskins/rangers and the long route.
- All loadouts should contain at least zamorak and armadyl protection. Probably armadyl amulet and unholy book or zamorak coif for the "cheap" loadouts, and armadyl armor with zamorak dhide vambraces for the "fancy" loadouts.
- Cheap/low level bots should be using mostly black dhide, and either magic shortbow with broad arrows (which are untradable) or bone crossbow with bone bolts (which are too cheap to be worth picking up).
- Fancy/high level bots should be using armadyl armour with karil's crossbow (whose bolt racks don't appear on the floor).
- Bots should use a mithril grapple to cross the chasm, and should swap back to real ammo before targeting random aviansies.
- Bots should high-alch any drop that high alchs for more than X above its current ge price (e.g. rune limbs), and use the coins to place buy orders for nature runes at Y, where X and Y are tunable constants that shouldn't make nats too profitable for runecrafters.
- Bots should pick up stackable drops (adamant bars, bloods/natures, etc) and food (swordfish drops, bones for bones to peaches) and "expensive" drops (anything over 1k ge or alch price?).
- Bots should teleport to varrock to bank/ge when they're out of food or less than 50% health.
- Bots should cast b2p if they have runes left, and either have at least 3 bones or (at least one bone and less than 70% health).
- Bots should eat food in their inventory from smallest to largest, and should eat as soon as it wouldn't waste food.
- Bots should have stacks of fires, airs, laws, natures, and either waters + earths, or a mud battlestaff swap, in order to be able to cast high alch, trollhiem teleport, varrock teleport, and bones to peaches.
- Cheap bots may use a bunyip or elemental titan or unicorn (and should count scrolls with the latter two as food until their familiar expires).
- Fancy bots may use a steel titan with steel of legends scrolls, casting one scroll at the start of every kill.
- Bots should not attempt to fight Kree'arra.
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

From an economic standpoint we really need 1 flax bot and 1 non-pure essence bot. People can mine pure ess at a good rate and RC them or get them from drops, but once they quickly hit the mining level for pure ess there's just no way to manually get ess anymore so the only way to get elemental runes is to buy the currently 160gp pure ess (subsidized by Szu so that supply isn't infinite and will go up in the future) which even at 10 air runes per ess at 99 rc you're making 10gp profit per essence compared to buying elemental runes from the shop which is... not that great, or you get them (normal essence) from drops which most people are killing mobs that drop pess like abyssal demons. Not sure if it's possible to freeze a bots level at like 29 mining so they don't level up and get pure ess.

Flax is an issue because the value you get from spinning it is massive so if someone is going to take time to pick the flax, no one is going to just not spin it as well and spinning flax into BS is time consuming so it gives a good niche to lower level players to level their crafting by spinning flax and selling that to higher level players who have other things to do during that time. Currently BS is only really worth it for magic longbows, but if we have flax we can make it viable to string up yew longs by having lowbies spin flax to sell which lowers market price of flax which will really help with liquidity since people won't be selling their yew long (u)'s to the bandit camp and instead alching them.

I spend a good amount of time in the Wild so I'm partial to having more wild bots. Have some training zammy/guthix/sara spells in the mage arena, maybe some killing green/red dragons, some at the agility course, maybe some of them mining at the various mining spots like the hobgoblin one. I'm actually not to ofamiliar with all of the content in 2009 wild, like I don't know what's really at the rogue's castle besides the chest but maybe something there.

In general I think clue scroll bots would be cool (they never sell their items) to see in the open. Maybe just 1 or 2 running around completing clues but this seems like it would take wayyyy too much work. Honestly, I'd like higher level slayer bots. I see some bots killing crawling hands but I don't really see anyone killing anything in the fremnik cave or slayer tower and the spots can generally support 2 people going hard so a few bots in them wouldn't hurt.

I remember a lot of the 2010-2012 era so I can think of more spots where I saw a lot of people, like the yaks (though we don't have those quests implemented yet) if needed
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

some kind of cooking bot in that thieving guild there?
Resident chad Winblows user
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Petnavi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 pm From an economic standpoint we really need 1 flax bot and 1 non-pure essence bot
I won't implement flax since coins are quite hard to stack in 2009scape and imo that's a good thing, and likewise pure ess was super expensive back in 2009 too so that should be fine
Petnavi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 pm Have some training zammy/guthix/sara spells in the mage arena, maybe some killing green/red dragons, some at the agility course, maybe some of them mining at the various mining spots like the hobgoblin one. I'm actually not to ofamiliar with all of the content in 2009 wild, like I don't know what's really at the rogue's castle besides the chest but maybe something there.
Love these ideas
Petnavi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 pm In general I think clue scroll bots would be cool (they never sell their items) to see in the open. Maybe just 1 or 2 running around completing clues but this seems like it would take wayyyy too much work.
This is also a fantastic idea
Petnavi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 pm Honestly, I'd like higher level slayer bots. I see some bots killing crawling hands but I don't really see anyone killing anything in the fremnik cave or slayer tower and the spots can generally support 2 people going hard so a few bots in them wouldn't hurt.
We actually have these coded but they're disabled because people complained a lot. It's an idea that seems good until you're the one doing the slayer task and a bot is making your life difficult

Petnavi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 pm I remember a lot of the 2010-2012 era so I can think of more spots where I saw a lot of people, like the yaks (though we don't have those quests implemented yet) if needed
Also a very good idea, will definitely implement these next time I do a pass :)
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

bushtail wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:31 am some kind of cooking bot in that thieving guild there?
Good idea for sure, will add next time I do a pass (late 2023? :lol: )
zencro
Staff

Post by zencro »

Perhaps not the kind of bot you have in mind but please bear with me...

A clan chat bot specifically for the 2009scape clan chat, triggered by either:

A command issued by a ranked clan chat member (perhaps to prevent potential abuse)
A common question asked in the CC (perhaps requiring a "?" at the end of the line of question text)
How can I make money?
Are there bots in this game?
What quests are available?
Where can I find [item]?

These questions would of course have to be limited and the responses kept simple to prevent floods.
The bot could either pm the user asking the question -or- display a short text answer in open CC.

In addition the bot could keep track of when a user was seen last in the CC which might be displayed using a command like
"!Last: UserName"

Giving a response perhaps along the lines of:

"UserName was last seen 1 month, 2 days, 3 hours ago."

It could also display a listing of clan chat rules or a link to a location where they are posted when a user enters the cc for the first time.

Just a suggestion. Such bots were a staple of IRC back in the day and were very helpful.
We must all learn to embrace our own inner newbishness...
Email: [email protected]
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

For reference:
maybe some killing green/red dragons
There are already green dragon bots in the western green dragon area of the wilderness
maybe some of them mining at the various mining spots
We already have these as well, not necessarily at the hobgoblin spot, but dotted around. All it would take is spawning in one or 2 more wherever you want them.
clue scroll bots
I second that this is a cool idea, but the work required to make them would be obscene. Additionally, would they need to farm their clue scrolls? If so, where from? And yes, this would add another layer of complexity to this already bizarrely complicated bot idea.
Slayer bots - "We actually have these coded but they're disabled because people complained a lot. It's an idea that seems good until you're the one doing the slayer task and a bot is making your life difficult"
There's actually two incorrect statements here.
1) You can't really consider them coded unless you can also consider fist of guthix coded because code for the lobby exists.
2) That's not why they were disabled, in fact they were just never enabled to begin with.
Also a very good idea, will definitely implement these next time I do a pass :)
Yak bots would be cool to see. Only 1 or 2 so the spot remains a viable training spot though. The bots should never reach a point where they consistently prevent players from using training methods.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

There are already green dragon bots in the western green dragon area of the wilderness
I've seen them but if we're already supposed to have them then the script for them is broken. They just kinda chill at the wilderness ditch. I heard they were disabled but unsure what's going on with that. I think if they do get used/fixed just 1 max is good enough and maybe add some at the red dragon place.
I second that this is a cool idea, but the work required to make them would be obscene. Additionally, would they need to farm their clue scrolls? If so, where from? And yes, this would add another layer of complexity to this already bizarrely complicated bot idea.
Uhh, some bots killing the goblins by lumbridge would be welcomed - they have a 1/128 chance of a clue and I don't think I ever see any bots in that area. They can also kill men/women in various places i.e. I remember a lot of noobs killing the men and women that spawn in edgeville directly north of the bank (used to farm them myself back in my noob days and it was super packed). They also have a 1/128 chance to drop a clue scroll. I'm unsure how varrock palace is now but I do remember so, so many people (including me) training on the guards there and the guards at each entrance of varrock. Their drop rate for CS is higher at 1/181 but worth a try. If going this route I think having a larger amount of CS bots would be better and if possible these bots should be unique in wearing treasure trail items.
Yak bots would be cool to see. Only 1 or 2 so the spot remains a viable training spot though. The bots should never reach a point where they consistently prevent players from using training methods.
Yeah, this spot can really only support around 4 people because you start running into spawn issues but if the bots keep the yak-hide and sell it it's another avenue players can use to train crafting which seems to be a big sore point outside of doing wallsafes or killing a billion dragons currently since we can't catch seaweed with that net you get in I think swan song?