-->> Submit Your Immersive Bot Ideas Here <<---

Various development-related discussions
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: -->> Submit Your Immersive Bot Ideas Here <<---

Post by Ceikry »

If the green dragon bots are broken this is news to me.

As for the yak bots I like the idea enough that I want to make them myself.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

More bot ideas
  • Warrior guild bots that grind to get defenders
  • GE alching bots that exist just to be seen so no impact on economy
  • Firemaking bots at the GE, edgeville, and varrock west bank
  • Farming bots that don't have an impact on the economy
  • More agility bots - I've seen none at all if they exist and I have 71 agility on 3 accounts
  • Low level (<30) rev hunters who don't impact the economy - it would be cool to see how much they can earn and incentivize people to do revs more
  • self-sufficient RC bots who mine ess then RC elemental runes (whether they sell this or not is up to you) and potentially abyss rc runners (who don't sell their runes)
  • Hunter bots that do tracking, butterflies, and pitfall traps
  • There can also be summoning bots. Some summons are used solely for their ability i.e. Fruitbats (collect papayas mostly), but others are used for their innate ability (bucket on Compost Mound) and Graahks are used for their ability to teleport to shilo for faster access to the nature altar compared to the abyss. Some existing bots can have a low chance to use familiars since some of them increase a skill level while also foraging, such as granite lobster. Biggest issue with this is how cluttered this can be visually if overdone, though that's authentic in its own way :lol:
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

Ceikry wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:48 pm If the green dragon bots are broken this is news to me.
yeah, they literally just do this. The Mort bot is literally walking back and forth between 2 tiles over and over and over

It's been like that ever since I started a few weeks ago
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

The green dragon bots are working on my local, so I'm not sure.

The mort bot is not a green dragon bot, and is engaging in NPC dancing, a phenomenon that affects regular players and bots alike, and is fixed by this merge request.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

Interesting. I don't have a picture but I've seen up to 3 melee bots with antifire shield just chilling at edgeville ditch the entire day. I'm not sure if they're programmed to sell their loot but I've never seen green dragonhide or bones on the GE from bots. Szumaster attests that at server reset they swarm the green dragons (I've actually seen this when I was passing by them right after reset) but it seems something happens and they end up getting stuck at edgeville. He's not even sure if they fight the dragons. I have 443 green dragon kills and Ecstasy has over 500 and we both never seen green dragon bots actually fight dragons. Hell, aside from bots teleing to star sprite locations I don't think I've ever seen a bot in the wild outside of that time I mentioned after reset
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Petnavi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:31 pm Interesting. I don't have a picture but I've seen up to 3 melee bots with antifire shield just chilling at edgeville ditch the entire day. I'm not sure if they're programmed to sell their loot but I've never seen green dragonhide or bones on the GE from bots. Szumaster attests that at server reset they swarm the green dragons (I've actually seen this when I was passing by them right after reset) but it seems something happens and they end up getting stuck at edgeville. He's not even sure if they fight the dragons. I have 443 green dragon kills and Ecstasy has over 500 and we both never seen green dragon bots actually fight dragons. Hell, aside from bots teleing to star sprite locations I don't think I've ever seen a bot in the wild outside of that time I mentioned after reset
Green dragon bots are quite busted because they die to the green dragons. There might be other reasons but that's part of it
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Petnavi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:12 pm More bot ideas
  • Warrior guild bots that grind to get defenders
  • GE alching bots that exist just to be seen so no impact on economy
  • Firemaking bots at the GE, edgeville, and varrock west bank
  • Farming bots that don't have an impact on the economy
  • More agility bots - I've seen none at all if they exist and I have 71 agility on 3 accounts
  • Low level (<30) rev hunters who don't impact the economy - it would be cool to see how much they can earn and incentivize people to do revs more
  • self-sufficient RC bots who mine ess then RC elemental runes (whether they sell this or not is up to you) and potentially abyss rc runners (who don't sell their runes)
  • Hunter bots that do tracking, butterflies, and pitfall traps
  • There can also be summoning bots. Some summons are used solely for their ability i.e. Fruitbats (collect papayas mostly), but others are used for their innate ability (bucket on Compost Mound) and Graahks are used for their ability to teleport to shilo for faster access to the nature altar compared to the abyss. Some existing bots can have a low chance to use familiars since some of them increase a skill level while also foraging, such as granite lobster. Biggest issue with this is how cluttered this can be visually if overdone, though that's authentic in its own way :lol:
Generally all fantastic ideas. Will implement in late 2023
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Red Bracket wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:57 pm
Petnavi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:31 pm Interesting. I don't have a picture but I've seen up to 3 melee bots with antifire shield just chilling at edgeville ditch the entire day. I'm not sure if they're programmed to sell their loot but I've never seen green dragonhide or bones on the GE from bots. Szumaster attests that at server reset they swarm the green dragons (I've actually seen this when I was passing by them right after reset) but it seems something happens and they end up getting stuck at edgeville. He's not even sure if they fight the dragons. I have 443 green dragon kills and Ecstasy has over 500 and we both never seen green dragon bots actually fight dragons. Hell, aside from bots teleing to star sprite locations I don't think I've ever seen a bot in the wild outside of that time I mentioned after reset
Green dragon bots are quite busted because they die to the green dragons. There might be other reasons but that's part of it
Actually, it's more or less intended that 1 or 2 of them will die to green dragons. That's why we spawn 3-4. Since stats and gear are effectively random (and should be, to sustain immersion), there can be no guarantees of an individual bots survivability apart from making them overpowered, which would, again, harm immersion. So 3-4 are spawned that should be within a range of reasonable likelihood to produce survivable bots, and the expectation is that a couple will prove unfit and die.

This has absolutely nothing to do with why they appear to be broken.

In fact, you do not ever see the bots again after they die. They are despawned and their script is stopped.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

Actually, if we get yak bots we'll need some token rock crab bots as well since that's a very iconic spot as well that no one uses because armored zombies exist.

In the wild there's two whiteberry spawns that are iconic for being botted. It's super easy to just plant your own whiteberry bush that there's zero reason for a player to actually go out of their way to manually collect these so I wouldn't see a harm in having a bot collect these every now and then. The only other thing I can think of for wild rejuvenation are the fishing spots on the east side of the wild. Back in the day people would actually fish here in f2p (including me!) I think we used to cook the lobsters and sell to the pkers to restock. It was a semi-popular spot for pking as well. You can have the bots fish there and then run down to clan wars, ring of dueling to bank, then games necklace back. Convoluted but tbh the entire east side of clan wars is way too empty.

With FoG, SC, and BH eventually all being implemented and having bots for them I think that's just about everything you can do to really rejuvinate the wilderness and make it feel more alive without having pking bots (we already got revs) and there's not enough spots to have a bot at black salamanders.

If you want more ideas for the rest of the world I can think of some but I assume you're full of ideas by now :lol:
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

What's the deal with these armored zombies I keep hearing about
Nerds