How to actually use saradomin? avast blocking it?

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
larry2stones
Noob

Re: How to actually use saradomin? avast blocking it?

Post by larry2stones »

Red Bracket wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:15 pm How did you launch the vanilla client? (Asking so can potentially fix it for others)
by using the batch file included in the download for the windows-master zip from the hub.

I tried running the vanilla/legacy client via the saradomin download and same thing happens. completely closes out.
Last edited by larry2stones on Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larry2stones
Noob

Post by larry2stones »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:15 pm Saradomin Client works, it is your specific setup causing the issue. Did you redownload after uninstalling and disabling Avast? You shouldn't have anything but Windows Defender these days btw, everything else is not only unnecessary but likely to cause issues like this.
I cleared all files - redownloaded and it just doesn't want to open for me. once I hit play it's completely closed out / no error messages. if it matters I'm running a 2070 rtx.
larry2stones
Noob

Post by larry2stones »

I did a restart - now it says unable to access a jar file with the saradomin client (with legacy and experimental)
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Your windows username is most likely what's causing the issue - things like apostrophes or spaces can cause issues.
Nerds
larry2stones
Noob

Post by larry2stones »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:00 pm Your windows username is most likely what's causing the issue - things like apostrophes or spaces can cause issues.
I got it to work on making a new windows user! so that solved it. How do I pick for solo or online with others? It seems to load with other people when using saradomin? (I can't use item spawning in this)
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

larry2stones wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:44 pm I got it to work on making a new windows user! so that solved it. How do I pick for solo or online with others? It seems to load with other people when using saradomin? (I can't use item spawning in this)
Those are bots (You can disable them in the config Server/worldprops/default.conf, open with Notepad or alike) - Although that's a better suited discussion for a different topic
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

so Saradomin won't work in two consistent instances, with some variation:
1. you use a bloatware antivirus that false-flags most things (avast, avg, etc.)
2. you have the framework-dependent version but have not installed the .NET 6.0 Runtime.
Resident chad Winblows user