Single Player account issues

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
josten
Noob

Single Player account issues

Post by josten »

Hello,
I've been playing the single player client for a little bit now and for some reason I keep losing accounts. When I try to sign back into them, I get an error that states "You have only just left another world. Your profile will be transferred in x seconds" and will just reset the timer. Has anyone ran into this issue?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Single Player account issues

Post by Ceikry »

You corrupted your save somehow, which possibly indicates permissions issues or something else with how you have things configured.

When you ask for help, you should generally start out by providing as much information as possible.
Nerds
josten
Noob

Post by josten »

Is there anything I can do to fix it? My assumption is no.

I'm not sure what all info is helpful for you here, but the server/client is sitting on a share on my home network. I have full read/write permissions to it. I haven't modified anything in the configuration. Can it not be stored on a network drive?
between3and20
Froob

Post by between3and20 »

1. Did you transfer the save from old version to new version, or vice versa?
2. Does the folder where the files are located contain space key in the name? If so, replace the space with _
3. If it's a home network, do you check that you have given all permissions on the device side, in this case the modem, the control panel is usually under the default link https://192.168.0.1
4. if you thing is everything is ok, make sure you have the folder mapped correctly, right click on folder and pick properties option,
then click share button and add everyone or create your own config and accept it.
Image 5. also try running the launcher with privileges, by right clicking "Run as admistrator",
6. if there is still a problem, edit the config in the worldprops folder and add the entire folder path to 81th line save_path = "here".
7. if you still have a problem, go to 2009scape.org and start playing live.
josten
Noob

Post by josten »

It's from a Synology so checking my permissions is a bit different, but I'm confident they're correct. I have 2 accounts that I play on, one that's a legit play through (and the one that's corrupt), and one I mess around on and used to test commands and what not. One works while the others corrupt. Even after copying the server off the share to my desktop the issue persists.

I did notice that both of the times my accounts were corrupted was when I walked away while my account was still logged in and the server had terminated itself for some reason. I was still connected to the share. The only other thing I've found is under game>data>players my accounts json file is only 16kb, when a fresh created accounts is 35ish. I'm assuming while it was writing data to the account file something went wrong. It's short over 1500 lines.

My best guess is I lost connection to the Synology or something while I was away, PC went to sleep, locked, etc.

Thanks for the help!
between3and20
Froob

Post by between3and20 »

Again edit config, of course, before that turn off the server.
Go into config, then go to line 11:

use_auth = false set it to true and save the changes;

then run it, click create an new account and enter the same nickname you had before. Log in and repeat for yourself the sequence of moves that previously caused the error.

fail
Last edited by between3and20 on Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

josten wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:50 pm It's from a Synology so checking my permissions is a bit different, but I'm confident they're correct. I have 2 accounts that I play on, one that's a legit play through (and the one that's corrupt), and one I mess around on and used to test commands and what not. One works while the others corrupt. Even after copying the server off the share to my desktop the issue persists.

I did notice that both of the times my accounts were corrupted was when I walked away while my account was still logged in and the server had terminated itself for some reason. I was still connected to the share. The only other thing I've found is under game>data>players my accounts json file is only 16kb, when a fresh created accounts is 35ish. I'm assuming while it was writing data to the account file something went wrong. It's short over 1500 lines.

My best guess is I lost connection to the Synology or something while I was away, PC went to sleep, locked, etc.

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, I mean if the server abruptly shuts down mid-write of your save (and it saves every 5 minutes, roughly), it's going to cause issues. Consider adjusting your solution
Nerds
between3and20
Froob

Post by between3and20 »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.