Completely new to this, would like some assistance getting started

Various development-related discussions
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Completely new to this, would like some assistance getting started

Post by Ceikry »

All your questions are already answered by the example I provided to you in the very same post you're replying to.

Thanos tool shows you what the drop % is as well, so you can just tweak the weight until it shows you the correct drop rate.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

It made more sense as I was messing with the weight table so without the actual drop % I wasn't able to continue, though I do have a question on if I did the change weight wouldn't that change the drop rate of every other item on the table and assuming it was correct how would I go around fixing that since changing the weight of an item changes the weight of everything else so it just keeps changing. Probably still not understanding something cruicial but I'll move on until I cross that bridge.

I have another question. I'm fixing the reqs of the daxe - it only needs 60 attack to weild, 61 wc to use, but it had both 60 att and 61 wc to wield. I fixed it but I noticed 13470.

That's the "lend" version of it but my question is this: is that the version that's in the trade window or the version of the weapon someone is using that has been lent? Because if it's the version that's in the lend window that's fine but if it's a traded version I need to copy some values over because it wouldn't make sense that it has no reqs to use while the non-traded version does nor anything in its animation.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Petnavi wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:54 pm It made more sense as I was messing with the weight table so without the actual drop % I wasn't able to continue, though I do have a question on if I did the change weight wouldn't that change the drop rate of every other item on the table and assuming it was correct how would I go around fixing that since changing the weight of an item changes the weight of everything else so it just keeps changing. Probably still not understanding something cruicial but I'll move on until I cross that bridge.

I have another question. I'm fixing the reqs of the daxe - it only needs 60 attack to weild, 61 wc to use, but it had both 60 att and 61 wc to wield. I fixed it but I noticed 13470.

That's the "lend" version of it but my question is this: is that the version that's in the trade window or the version of the weapon someone is using that has been lent? Because if it's the version that's in the lend window that's fine but if it's a traded version I need to copy some values over because it wouldn't make sense that it has no reqs to use while the non-traded version does nor anything in its animation.
Imo I wouldn't worry too much about lent items since lending isn't coded yet. When lending is coded we'll have to give all the Lend items a pass
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

When lending is implemented, item properties will be transferred from the master item (the non-lent version) in code, so we don't have to duplicate work like this.

As for your weights question, yes changing the weight requires adjusting other weights. The way around this is to decide what total weight the table should have ahead of time (authentically it's generally a power of 2 - 128, 256, etc), and then deciding each individual item's weight out of that target total weight.

Let's say for example you had a target total weight of 256 and 3 items needed to be placed on that table - a whip, a dagger and a book. The book has a 60% droprate, the whip has a 10% droprate, and the dagger a 30% droprate. So your weights would be:

Book - 154 (close enough)
Whip - 25 (close enough)
Dagger - 77 (close enough)
154 + 25 + 77 = 256
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

When lending is coded we'll have to give all the Lend items a pass
No, we wouldn't, duplicating work for something like this is probably the worst way to do it.
Nerds
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

As for your weights question, yes changing the weight requires adjusting other weights. The way around this is to decide what total weight the table should have ahead of time (authentically it's generally a power of 2 - 128, 256, etc), and then deciding each individual item's weight out of that target total weight.

Found the missing element I wasn't understanding
Petnavi
Froob

Post by Petnavi »

Can fixing a pickpocket table be done via thanos? I gave it a glance and don't think I found anything relevant to it. I saw a few issues about it
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Pickpocket tables are code, partly because they shouldn't ever really change.
Nerds