Quest "Shadow of the storm" development

Various development-related discussions
Questy
Noob

Quest "Shadow of the storm" development

Post by Questy »

The implementation of quests is hard and could be considerd as a project on its own. Because of the complexity of a quest implementation and the fact that i know that there are developers who like to contribute, but might not have all the knowledge or time to code a complete quest on their own, it might be a good idea to start a topic on the development of each quest.

In this first post, we keep track of all the files that are required for the quest to be implemented and group them together. If all the files are there, someone with extended knowledge about how to implement them can conduct the final works for it in order acctually complete them.
Since i am completely blanc with regard to java programming, it is hard to get a complete understanding as to which files a (complete) quest consists of.
For now, i would like to try this for the quest 'Shadow of the storm'. Based on my first estimations, i think that we need the following files to implement it (if any other are required, please note --> think that inventorizing which things we need is a good starting point)

File (link to file in in brackets)
Shadowofthestorm.kt
Fatherreendialogue.kt
Fatherbaddendialogue.kt
Evildavedialogue.kt
Jeniferdialogue.kt
Matthewdialogue.kt
Claygolemdialogue.kt
Denathdialogue.kt
(any other files, please give a reply so i can add it to the list and someone can pick it up)
Questy
Noob

Re: Quest "Shadow of the storm" development

Post by Questy »

On Gitlab, i saw that a first contribution has been made with regard to the dialogue files. Maybe someone can make different files from this and upload them to gitlab so i can update the overwiew (https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/-/issues/785).