Players who assist in testing changes (called merge requests, or MRs) can claim credit rewards after submitting test reports.
Small config changes: 1 credit
Small changes (e.g. small bug fix): ~2 credits
Large changes (e.g. a new quest): ~5 credits
Unique bug discovery: 1 credit per bug
The general process for changes:
- Contributor submits a MR here https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/-/merge_requests
- Periodically, these MRs get bundled up and deployed to the test server
- A post is made to this thread with the details of what is available to test (MRs labels will also be updated to match)
- Testers test (or re-test) the MRs listed in the post
- Testers submit a test report on the MR on gitlab (some fantastic examples here: large MR test report (3 parts) small MR test report w/video)
- Testers can then post a link to their test report in the credits claim forum (coming soon) with their live username
- Once all issues are fixed, the MR is merged into the codebase
- Next live server update the merged changes are deployed
You'll need to make a new account, as accounts are not shared between testing and live.
Once you have made a testing account you'll want admin rights to make it easy to test (e.g. spawning items, teleporting, setting levels etc.), post your test account username in this thread and I'll sort you out.