Website Layout to include Forums

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
downthecrop
Staff

Website Layout to include Forums

Post by downthecrop »

If the forums are going to be the primary community hub I would recommend the layout change shown below. I have already included the forums link as the first menu item under "community" in the menu across the site.

Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Website Layout to include Forums

Post by Ceikry »

Yes, I'm in support of this change. I believe Summer said she planned to update the website this weekend, so I'll ask if she can apply these changes.
Nerds
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

As a side note, the forums should include a fairly-obvious links to 2009scape.org and downloads. If the forums become a main point of contact for the community, a handful of new users will invariably end up here first and wonder what the game is about.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Red Bracket wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:19 pm As a side note, the forums should include a fairly-obvious links to 2009scape.org and downloads. If the forums become a main point of contact for the community, a handful of new users will invariably end up here first and wonder what the game is about.
Done, the "home" link ever-present at the top of the page, as well as the forums logo (big "2009Scape" banner) both point you back to the main website now.
Nerds
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Works out really well. One more suggestion (thanks for everything so far) - Can you make the "2009scape Official Forums" text at the top link to index.php as well? Just so it's another way for getting back to the forum homepage after browsing some threads

Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Red Bracket wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:52 pm Works out really well. One more suggestion (thanks for everything so far) - Can you make the "2009scape Official Forums" text at the top link to index.php as well? Just so it's another way for getting back to the forum homepage after browsing some threads

As far as I'm aware: no, actually, I cant. Not unless site title accepts BBcode.

Edit: You can always just press this
Nerds