Player Home/Construction Bug

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Player Home/Construction Bug

Post by The RWBY Phoenix »

While working on my player home post-restart on my main account (M), I had an alt account (A) bringing me planks from the bank.

I left (A) in the player home as I heard it helps keep the house from "vanishing", and when I returned, I went into build mode on (M) and was about to continue working on the house when I realized (A) could no longer move, and repeatedly got the message "I can't reach that!"

I attempted to "Expel Guests" and it didn't seem to do anything, so I attempted to log out and log back in, only to find (A) would crash upon loading in and the client would close immediately.

I had to have a Mod help move (A) back to Lumbridge before I could log back into the account.

Hope this was clear, if I need to clarify further, let me know, I will check back after dinner
-RWBY
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Player Home/Construction Bug

Post by Ceikry »

A should not have been able to enter your house after the owner of the house left. That should have automatically expelled A. Did this not occur?
Nerds
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Normally I can leave the house fine, I don't go offline, just to the bank quickly for resources usually or to the saw mill than I teleport back, but (A) was in the house the whole time, including when I switched to build mode, it was after turning off build mode that I noticed (A) could no longer move, and when I logged (A) out, I realized I couldn't log back in, and attempting to would close (A)'s client immediately on hitting "login"

Since then (A) has been able to log in fine if I do not leave them inside the player home while using build mode, but only while using the PoH features like Lectern/Altar and the like as to not have it happen again.

So to answer your question specifically, (A) never attempted to enter the house while (M) was not in it, but rather couldn't leave/move/be expelled, once (M) activated build mode with (A) still inside the PoH

I hope this helps
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I don't think my original message was clear. There is no circumstance in which an account should be able to be inside a house where the owner is not present. If this ever worked it was a bug, if this works currently it's a bug, an exploitable one too.
Nerds
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

I was not aware of this, I have not used player homes before, I was told that player homes break and are likely to break and be unusable until the next server restart if a character isn't inside the POH so the only way to make any real progress in construction was via this method

I apologize, I have never put any time into construction before this server so I was under the assumption this was public knowledge