[Single-player] Game crashes when HD Graphics is selected

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
sixfootblade
Noob

Re: [Single-player] Game crashes when HD Graphics is selected

Post by sixfootblade »

Would anyone by chance have a recommendation on which old driver I should try out? My GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (currently using the latest Game Ready Driver 531.41, not a Studio Driver). I assume I'd need to use one at least a few years old if I can. Shot in the dark, but I figured I'd ask. I have been playing with the settings and checking logs but nothing seems to be helping any more unfortunately.
sixfootblade
Noob

Post by sixfootblade »

Okay so I downloaded version 425.31 from 4/11/2019, and it seems a different issue is happening now, this is what shows up at the end of the terminal when it crashes. It doesn't generate an error log though like it was before.
Attachments
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (16.98 KiB) Viewed 3292 times
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

Try going back 2-3ish nvidia driver versions, don't go back so far. The recent nvidia drivers have broken a lot of games
sixfootblade
Noob

Post by sixfootblade »

Well, I tried version 528, 3 versions back from the current one (which I assume is what you meant, rather than a few back from the old one I was using earlier), and I get the nvoglv64.dll errors again. At this point I think I might just give up. I don't want to take up even more of your time, you have all been incredibly helpful and patient with me, and I can't say I appreciate it enough. I might play with it again over the weekend, and if I finally find something that works, I'll definitely update you.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

sixfootblade wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:20 pm Okay so I downloaded version 425.31 from 4/11/2019, and it seems a different issue is happening now, this is what shows up at the end of the terminal when it crashes. It doesn't generate an error log though like it was before.
This is good! This is a cache read error. Maybe you corrupted your cache when it was crashing during download before? Use this driver version and delete your cache entirely.
Nerds
sixfootblade
Noob

Post by sixfootblade »

Ceikry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:16 pm
sixfootblade wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:20 pm Okay so I downloaded version 425.31 from 4/11/2019, and it seems a different issue is happening now, this is what shows up at the end of the terminal when it crashes. It doesn't generate an error log though like it was before.
This is good! This is a cache read error. Maybe you corrupted your cache when it was crashing during download before? Use this driver version and delete your cache entirely.
Embarrassed to ask... but how do I do that? I only really know how to clear browser cache and Java cache but not OpenJDK 11. Google isn't really helping either.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

sixfootblade wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:23 pm
Ceikry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:16 pm
Embarrassed to ask... but how do I do that? I only really know how to clear browser cache and Java cache but not OpenJDK 11. Google isn't really helping either.
Neither of those, I'm referring to the 2009scape cache which contains game assets the client needs to render the world, etc.
I'm not sure where it's located on windows, but look for a 2009scape folder, which will in turn contain a "cache" folder. Delete that "cache" folder.
Nerds
sixfootblade
Noob

Post by sixfootblade »

Okay, after that, it's still crashing, but this is all that showing up now in the command line. Seems Java.exe keeps crashing.
Attachments
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (4.81 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
between3and20
Froob

Post by between3and20 »

can you send here screenshots from your java control pannel, thanks, and if you play/ed minecraft, remove overwolf from your pc.
sixfootblade
Noob

Post by sixfootblade »

I don't play Minecraft, no Overwolf installed. What specifically would you like to see in the Java Control Panel?