[Singleplayer] Change Drop Rates.

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
naydn
Noob

[Singleplayer] Change Drop Rates.

Post by naydn »

I am looking to change the drop rates for many items, I have found where I assume the config file for the drop rates is (\game\data\configs\drop_tables.json) but I do not know how to interpret the data in the config. Any help is appreciated.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Change Drop Rates.

Post by Ceikry »

This is the tool I created for development, for editing the various JSON files we use.

Side note: If you're going to cheat by making items you want more common, why not just be direct and spawn them with ::item ?
Same/Same.
Nerds
naydn
Noob

Post by naydn »

Ceikry wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:12 am Side note: If you're going to cheat by making items you want more common, why not just be direct and spawn them with ::item ?
Thank you! Although, i do not at all see making items more common equal at all to cheating, yes it ruins the aspect of how rare items are, but im not looking to play hardcore like i would main game rs.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

naydn wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:30 am
Ceikry wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:12 am Side note: If you're going to cheat by making items you want more common, why not just be direct and spawn them with ::item ?
Thank you! Although, i do not at all see making items more common equal at all to cheating, yes it ruins the aspect of how rare items are, but im not looking to play hardcore like i would main game rs.
There's an argument to be made that it's not quite the same as just spawning items, but it does mean that you have to put significantly less effort in to acquire things other players do "go hardcore" for. Which in my book, is roughly the same affect cheating has.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the game! :D
Nerds
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Ceikry wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:32 am
naydn wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:30 am
There's an argument to be made that it's not quite the same as just spawning items, but it does mean that you have to put significantly less effort in to acquire things other players do "go hardcore" for. Which in my book, is roughly the same affect cheating has.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the game! :D
They didn't specify how common they wanted it to be. Could be just slightly.
Resident chad Winblows user