My first character's, first death??..

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
justnie
Noob

My first character's, first death??..

Post by justnie »

Last night, I was doing really well, and I arrived back at Abyssal Demons for a second trip in my task, after banking a whip that ended the first trip early. I didn't actually get to start killing on my task again, my fiancée suddenly decided she was ready to hit the hay. So, instead of sipping boosts and turning on Piety, I told everyone goodnight, and logged off properly [Not by closing the window, but via the logout button]. This morning, I was -so- ready to continue the task I had left set up already ... only to log in, dead in Lumbridge, ::stats Nie Deaths: 1 ..... I'm not even a little upset about the Sara Sword, Fury, Dboots, Slayer helm I lost... I don't really care about the items, whatsoever.. Yeah, it sucks, a 5m+ death, but that's not even why I'm here: I didn't lag out, I didn't window-licking click the X and pray my character survived until logout. I used the logout button in-game, and woke up with ~8 months deathless interrupted by what clearly has to have been a bug.. What -did- happen, I/we believe after discussing in clan chat, was something delayed my logout.. What would -have- to have happened at this point, would be an evil chicken spawning and further delaying the logout. Post-logout, auto-retaliate must not function in this state, because at full hp, there's no chance in hell my char would lose 1v1 to that chicken ...

Hoping for a merciful reversal of this entire incident, and prevention of future cases,

justNie.
ryannathans
Staff

Re: My first character's, first death??..

Post by ryannathans »

What time and date, in UTC time, was the death? So I can reset you properly. I have locked your account until the reset has been completed
justnie
Noob

Re: My first character's, first death??..

Post by justnie »

Oh God, -right- after a whip drop lmaoo. Let's see, I think I logged off the last time around 2:30 AM UTC on the morning of the 19th there, still the 18th at 9:30 PM in CST [US, Central Standard Time], if I did my math correctly. Whatever you arrive at rerolling to [9 PM CST] 2:00AM UTC on the 19th for an even hour should be ideal, unsure if it was before/after 9:30, as I looked at the clock on the stove after logging off to join my fiancée cleaning up some time later.

TL;DR [sorry for the autism,]

2:00AM UTC 5/19/2023, for an even hour.