Extra Feedback on Merge Request 1302: Reintroduce PvP + Wilderness Enhancements

Provide feedback about the project and/or the forums!
Dark Sage
Noob

Post by Dark Sage »

This is a response to Valpuri/Valkyrie’s earlier post on his stance of PvP since it’s been locked now..

So, since when does one player here ultimately make the decisions on implementations based on weather they like it or not? This is looking like OSRS a couple years back when they completely ignored their PVP community and only catered to the PVM community. I’ve spent more time in the Wilderness than him and frankly anyone else here. (Yes, that includes the days before PvP was disabled due to the bug). It’s called the wilderness for a reason, it was created for a reason. If you go there, be prepared to die at anytime. That’s the whole point of even being in the wilderness. Kill or be killed! The way your speaking, you have no business being in the wilderness then.. This was already voted for by the community and had passed with flying colors.

And yes, I read your “it’s not authentic to this era” and I say so isn’t free trade. Free trade was takin out three weeks later after the wilderness was disabled. So since you want to stick to the “authentic era”, let’s go ahead so do that too.. I know how much you, and everyone else (including myself) love trading between our alts. Why was this not brought up in your post of “authenticity”?

Secondly, let’s talk brawlers gloves. I’ve seen you personally farm revs in the cemetery and collect brawlers gloves (which is the inauthentic way) by the way. The correct way of getting them is again, PvP and get it as a lucky drop from another player.

From what I’m understanding from your post, it seems like you have a personal agenda here. You just don’t want to be pk’d if it came down to it. You want to continue playing it safe over there at the cemetery and collect loot without the fear of running into someone. And want to continue doing whatever other stuff that will benefit you personally and completely ignore the other players who actually voted for this. I’ve rev hunted and killed the chaos ele while PvP was enabled. I never complained once. Yes, I was targeted numerous times and all failed. It’s part of the game. Jagex did remove it due to RWT, but there was other ways to go on about handling that. Not everything done in 2009 was done correctly.

Again, why is one player deciding what happens to the wilderness and all of a sudden the merge request gets closed?? So screw us, the voters??
Bunch of noobs
ryannathans
Staff

Re: Extra Feedback on Merge Request 1302: Reintroduce PvP + Wilderness Enhancements

Post by ryannathans »

Seems like everyone would mostly support a middle-ground? I.e. PvP features without "content" changes?
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Re: Extra Feedback on Merge Request 1302: Reintroduce PvP + Wilderness Enhancements

Post by The RWBY Phoenix »

I personally want to at least give the entire idea a chance, instead of JUST flipping a switch to turn on PK'ing again, it'd be nice to at least have some INCENTIVE to visit the deep wildy aside from "Boy howdy I hope I don't get PK'd in the PK area"

I was planning to avoid the wilderness altogether if/when PVP came back and just spend the rest of my time in the safe areas, and using forinthry bracelet to RC without getting skulled

But this change offers a best of both worlds solution, whether the opt-in/out method with gold, or just only altering the Level 45+ wildy, it at least makes the wilderness MORE than just "That place you get fucked up by revs while going for stars"

Which I had already stopped doing given the amount of times I would be doing a star alone or with a partner and would have a high level rev show up and nearly wipe me out

So if it comes down to a vote, I vote we give the proposal a shot, and that's coming from someone who despises ambush PK'ers who wait to gang up on someone who isn't doing PVP
+1 to the PVP merge
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Summer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:57 am I think my comment was misunderstood. I am for the entire update! not just the pking. Ceikry is all about balance and I trust this. He also set configs so you can have your own purely authentic Singleplayer mode. Maybe one day when our community is much bigger, we can have multiple worlds. We've tried that and it split the player base too much for a smaller playerbase.
No, yeah, I assumed you were for the update, and I agree, splitting a community this size can only work to cause strain on the server host with needing to either expand/use more resources just to add a world for a small portion of the community, I fully believe that this community is at least for the most part close enough that I don't expect half to suddenly turn into little trolls overnight just out to backstab all their friends for a quick buck, but I could definitely see the appeal of a planned 3v3 or 5v5 or even just a 1v1 in deep wildy as a way to keep things interesting while keeping the lower level wildy available to non-pvp'ers to do clue scrolls, fight revs, pvm, or whatever they feel like doing, whether that is via ignoring the sub-45 wildy, or applying the Opt-in/out mechanic is irrelevant to me personally because much like PVP, players and revs alike can only attack within their level range/wildy level, so if a level 3 skiller can be attacked by a PK'er it can be attacked by a rev, so the argument of 53 prayer requirement is fair, but not a deal breaker, even if it was changed to be another NPC without a level requirement to talk, or if a modified chat option allowed to opt out without the prayer level, it still allows the option of wilderness up to 45 being only "Normal" dangerous instead of doubling up the danger with PKing
Dark Sage
Noob

Post by Dark Sage »

I disagree with this. The wilderness has to return how it was originally. I’m not with the whole opt in/opt out method either. This also would defeat the whole purpose of even having the wilderness. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the wilderness was never meant to be a safe zone? If this was to happen, again it’ll just be catering to the pvmer’s and shoving over the PvPer’s as osrs did for years. If everyone was to opt in on being safe then what’s the point or even introducing back the wildy?
Bunch of noobs
The RWBY Phoenix
Froob

Dark Sage wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:25 am I disagree with this. The wilderness has to return how it was originally. I’m not with the whole opt in/opt out method either. This also would defeat the whole purpose of even having the wilderness. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the wilderness was never meant to be a safe zone? If this was to happen, again it’ll just be catering to the pvmer’s and shoving over the PvPer’s as osrs did for years. If everyone was to opt in on being safe then what’s the point or even introducing back the wildy?
Enjoyment? The wilderness is a barren wasteland of pointless existence other than a few scattered minigames that nobody wants apparently

Hell I already abandoned the wildy since it's only purpose was stars and even those aren't worth it for visiting. Corp? No interest whatsoever.

At least this introduces a way to have something WORTH doing in the wilderness, instead of just making it for the "PvPers" of which I've only heard like 2 people express interest in, and they are ok with the proposed idea, but never even got to weigh in before the initial post basically scrapped the whole project. A super basic PVP wildy would just cut a chunk off the map for a large portion of the community, save for less than 10 people who want PVP at all
Spirit
Noob

Post by Spirit »

Summer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:57 am I think my comment was misunderstood. I am for the entire update! not just the pking. Ceikry is all about balance and I trust this. He also set configs so you can have your own purely authentic Singleplayer mode. Maybe one day when our community is much bigger, we can have multiple worlds. We've tried that and it split the player base too much for a smaller playerbase.
The most authentic pvp would be a separate world. But until we have a large enough player base for that, I agree with you and trust Ceikry to push balanced updates.

+1 for the entire update as is 😁
Dark Sage
Noob

Post by Dark Sage »

The RWBY Phoenix wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:22 am
Dark Sage wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:25 am I disagree with this. The wilderness has to return how it was originally. I’m not with the whole opt in/opt out method either. This also would defeat the whole purpose of even having the wilderness. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the wilderness was never meant to be a safe zone? If this was to happen, again it’ll just be catering to the pvmer’s and shoving over the PvPer’s as osrs did for years. If everyone was to opt in on being safe then what’s the point or even introducing back the wildy?
Enjoyment? The wilderness is a barren wasteland of pointless existence other than a few scattered minigames that nobody wants apparently

Hell I already abandoned the wildy since it's only purpose was stars and even those aren't worth it for visiting. Corp? No interest whatsoever.

At least this introduces a way to have something WORTH doing in the wilderness, instead of just making it for the "PvPers" of which I've only heard like 2 people express interest in, and they are ok with the proposed idea, but never even got to weigh in before the initial post basically scrapped the whole project. A super basic PVP wildy would just cut a chunk off the map for a large portion of the community, save for less than 10 people who want PVP at all

Who say’s nobody wants? I voted for to continue moving the server forward and implement stealing creation, clan wars etc.. y’all love to get on OSRS whenever the chance is given however, their wilderness bosses updates in general was good. It encouraged people to go to the wilderness but with a threat of being killed at the same time. High risk, but high rewards. Here now, it seems it's just instead of wildy bosses in different locations, it’s rev’s patrolling the wilderness that drop good loot and no threat from players. Where’s the balance here? How are we letting OSRS out do you? Oh, and this is coming from the guy that has the most chaos elemental kills in the entire sever. (While PvP was still implemented) The rest of you have never experienced that here. The whole thing seems a personal agenda like I stated before because it effects certain individuals personally. You’ve all gotten too comfortable. You stated you boycotted the wilderness, if that’s truly the case, then you have nothing to fear from this. It won’t concern you :?
Bunch of noobs
ChocolatePancakes
Froob

Post by ChocolatePancakes »

ryannathans wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:35 am Seems like everyone would mostly support a middle-ground? I.e. PvP features without "content" changes?
This is what I wrote in that topic. I believe that this is the best solution.

Before the bug was discovered, there was such an option on the server and I did not hear any criticism of the wilderness.

Due to the fact that a huge amount of work was put into the update by Ceikry, in my opinion it is up to him to decide.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

in lieu of the content changes, it simply becomes dead content. I'm not wasting my time with a feature for it to just be dead unused content.
Nerds