I get it.. but

General discussion
deandrelewis
Noob

I get it.. but

Post by deandrelewis »

I get it live is the main focus but sp players would really like the latest updates too. Sp is advertised on the official site it should get equal love imo. I've noticed a lot of people coming in the discord asking about sp questions only to be recommended to play live. When you google runescape singleplayer 2009scape comes up as the first result though
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: I get it.. but

Post by Ceikry »

SP is updated by volunteers, and no one has done it so far.
Just like live is ran and updated by volunteers.

Not sure what the point here is, nobody is forced to do anything, the people who care about and maintain the live server just stick to a more rigid schedule.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

What you're essentially saying here is "I don't think the volunteers are working hard/fast enough, they should get to it! Hurry up, I want my updates!"
Nerds
deandrelewis
Noob

Post by deandrelewis »

Is it not just copy paste or am I mistaken? How's sp differ from live in terms of updates?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

deandrelewis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:43 pm Is it not just copy paste or am I mistaken? How's sp differ from live in terms of updates?
Even if it were just "lol copy paste", that effort to do that, and then upload the new build, and then verify the new build works, is still *work*. Nobody is forced to do anything, SP is maintained by volunteers just like live is. Volunteers could be anybody, even you! So you're just as much to blame as anyone else. There's literally 0 difference between the amount of work you're required to do, and the amount I'm required to do, and the amount ryan's required to do, and the amount anyone else is required to do. We are all volunteers who choose to sacrifice our own time in return for nothing, simply because we desire to do something.
Nerds
just_looking12
Noob

Post by just_looking12 »

Idk why the site admin is so hostile. Why not try and be nicer?

doesn't exactly give a good first impression
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I hardly believe my recent post can be considered hostile. I was emphasizing the nature of a volunteer project to someone who is making demands of volunteers, which is rather entitled.
Nerds