How to update single player?

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
demjuice
Noob

How to update single player?

Post by demjuice »

I'm playing single player + saradomin launcher. How do I update myself since the git is not updated for us yet?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: How to update single player?

Post by Ceikry »

Run build-singleplayer.sh
Nerds
Voyager_sput
Noob

Post by Voyager_sput »

Edit: I updated this post to make the proccess a bit more complete for anyone reading and following these steps in the (near) future

In case you don't have Linux on hand. I just download the server source, extract it and then use the run-server.bat file to make it build a new server.jar file. All you really need is a JDK installed on your system. It would be best in this case to have the same version JDK installed as the Java Runtime (JRE) version used by the single player install. Which should be JDK version 11 at the time of writing. After building the file, I just copy that server.jar file to my single player folder and replace the server.jar file in it.

Keep in mind to also check if there have been changes to the worldprops\default.conf file you may want to add to your singleplayer as well as the data\botcache and data\configs folders and ObjectParser.xml. Those could also have been changed through MR's. If you opt to just use the defaults.conf file from the source, keep in mind you need to change a few variables in the file for single player to work properly. Just open the defaults.conf file through a text editor and find and update the following variables:

debug = false
dev = false
daily_restart = false
bots_influence_ge_price = true

Be sure to backup your data\eco (grand exchange) and data\players folders so your progress is safe in case you break something during the update.
And then just startup single player as usual. If you did everything right, single player should start up as normal but with the server running on the latest state of the source code. Keep in mind that this could be a few MR's newer then the live multiplayer server, depending on when you download the source file.
Last edited by Voyager_sput on Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demjuice
Noob

Post by demjuice »

Ceikry wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:08 pm Run build-singleplayer.sh
How?
demjuice
Noob

Post by demjuice »

Voyager_sput wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:28 pm In case you don't have Linux on hand. I just download the server source and then use the run-server.bat file to make it build a new server.jar file. Then I just copy that server.jar file to my single player.

Keep in mind to also check if there have been changes to the worldprops\default.conf file you may want to add to your singleplayer as well as the data\botcache and data\configs folders and ObjectParser.xml. Those could also have been changed through MR's.

And then cross your fingers you didn't miss or forget anything ;-) Be sure to backup your data\eco (grand exchange) and data\players folders so your progress is safe in case you break something.
Dev confirm this?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

should work too yeah
Nerds
Voyager_sput
Noob

Post by Voyager_sput »

I updated my earlier post for a clearer set of steps for anyone reading this topic in the future :)
craftingWood
Noob

Post by craftingWood »

everytime i try to do what you say i just get an error telling me im missing some file everytime i run the run-server.bat it doesnt build anything it just quits out.
demjuice
Noob

Post by demjuice »

get jdk instead of jre
craftingWood
Noob

Post by craftingWood »

i did that already it just says file not found - * -with-dependencies.jar