Unable to create a female character

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Lost_Luna
Noob

Unable to create a female character

Post by Lost_Luna »

I just downloaded the game and set up an account, knowing nothing about it other than a friend's recommendation, but when I went to try making my character, for whatever reason, it won't let me select the button to make my character a girl (neither via left click or right click and the drop down). The male character button works fine, but after trying to select female again from it, it doesn't work.

I went and installed the x64 Java 11 thing that the download page for this linked to, made sure that is the version of java the settings in the launcher was looking at and still the issue persists. I restarted the game and still nothing. I noticed there are a bunch of addons available in the launcher, do I need one of those? I saw one that was called "interface debug plugin", but that didn't help the issue.
Kennynes
Froob

Re: Unable to create a female character

Post by Kennynes »

I think your best bet would be to visit the make over mage after making a male character. Here is the current issue open on the server. https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/-/issues/1344
Lost_Luna
Noob

Post by Lost_Luna »

Make over mage? Is that in the tutorial area, or do I need to go somewhere else for that? Again, I know absolutely nothing about this... I tried looking it up on the wiki, but... I don't see anything.
Kennynes
Froob

Post by Kennynes »

So the make over mage is an npc just sw of falador in and they will allow you to change your characters appearance. Here is a wiki on the npc. I hope this helps. https://runescape.wiki/w/Makeover_Mage?oldid=945592
Mihoshika
Noob

Post by Mihoshika »

You can somewhat get around this by selecting female, then randomizing feature in the next window or whatever.
Lost_Luna
Noob

Post by Lost_Luna »

I see, thank you for the help. I think I got it figured out. Now it's time to figure out how the rest of the game works :?