Allowing my buddy to join my server

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
vibe
Noob

Allowing my buddy to join my server

Post by vibe »

hey there 09-Scapers :)

i was wondering if it would be possible to allow my buddy to join the server on my ip adress i would love it to play this game with the gang on my ip adress, also if there is a way would any of you be so kind to assist me. I'd be very gratefull i also don't want to rip your guys works. but it would be great to run the server on my ip with some friends to give ourselfs thing etc etc
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Allowing my buddy to join my server

Post by Red Bracket »

Open port 43595, and then have your friend edit the 2009scape JSON config (C:/Users/2009scape/something.json) and replace the Test server with your IP. Then when they select Test server from the launcher, it will connect to you
vibe
Noob

Post by vibe »

thank you but will he need to download all the files as well ?
will he need to download the cache as well is what i mean and do i have to redo the client.jar ?
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Did a quick test, he needs to change the config.json IPs to your one, then he can just click "Play" in the launcher:

vibe
Noob

Post by vibe »

so this essestially works but you gotta disable check for client updates and server profiles updates for it to work for me. also i found a bug somehow when my friend died to goblins he can't pick up some items on the ground so i tried to replicate it and i could pick up all items but it doesnt dissapear, which means they appear in my inventory -> but dont dissapear from the ground. i can only click them once which picks up the items at first but doesnt make the the item dissapear from the ground which makes it a dead item or smth