Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Discussion of OSRS
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Post by Red Bracket »

With OSRS GP closing down on 0.3$/m, it's clear Jiggleflex is either unwilling or unable to ban bots. So, out of bordem today, I've debuted on my botted only* OSRS account.

* I did tutorial by hand and xferred 25M to get started

Other tasks done by hand:
► Show Spoiler
Latest screenshot (last updated 04/12/2023)

Goals for the account:
* Get 250 total: Complete 08/10/2023
* Get 500 total: Complete 10/10/2023
* Get 750 total: Complete 13/10/2023
* Get 1,000 total: Complete 15/10/2023
* Get 1,250 total: Complete 27/10/2023
* Get 50 Quest Points
* Get 1,500 total: Complete 25/11/2023
* Get 50M bank
* Get 1,750 total
* Get 100M bank
* Get 250M bank
* Get 2,000 total

Lets see how far down this goal list I get, botting ~16 hours a day, before Jiggleflex clamps down.

The bot in use is closed-source, so it won't be linked here, but I've also used Microbot with great success before and can recommend that.
Last edited by Red Bracket on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:03 am, edited 15 times in total.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Post by Red Bracket »

So far been botting about 24 hours. I turned the bot off overnight because I wanted to watch it throughout my day.

Overall I've wasted a lot of money, but trained Combat, Farming, and Woodcutting.
► Show Spoiler
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Botman Mode - Progress Report of my Morally Corrupt, Botted Only OSRS Account

Post by Red Bracket »

Checking in on day 3. Trained Firemaking, Fishing, Cooking, Thieving, Slayer, Agility, and got 5 Quest Points after completing Monk's Friend. Will probably finish the 500 total level goal by EOD
► Show Spoiler
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Closing in on day 5.

This is the first time the bot made money! We're up 200k. Before this, it was burning through all the transferred cash, but now there's a hope of self sustainability.

We're also now at 10 quest points, gained quite a few since last time.

Trained Combat, Agility, Herblore, Theiving, Slayer, Hunter, Cooking, Fishing Firemaking and Farming, and Mining.
► Show Spoiler
trident101
Noob

Post by trident101 »

This is gonna be interesting to see how long you'll be able to keep it running. Is this bot something you've written yourself?
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Previously I made scripts myself, but this is a premium script a friend of mine made that basically plays the whole game:

Start of day 8 progress:
► Show Spoiler
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I'm going to say there's only about a 5% chance you get banned by the time this account maxes.
Nerds
trident101
Noob

Post by trident101 »

I love and hate this at the same time. It's really interesting though.

Why do you think it only has a 5% chance? Is banning on OSRS pretty much non existent?
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

It's an ode to Jagex complacency. They have the ability to detect bots via the client, but they don't want to. I talked about it with quotes from Mod Mat K (the original head mod of OSRS) here.

So the end result is this - I'm botting on a detectable client, but Jagex won't ban me until I trip a secondary metric (goldfarming, egregious results leading to a manual review, etc). The problem is I'm running a sophisticated enough bot to not trip the secondary metric, and Jagex in particular doesn't like banning mains for botting.

(It's not sourced in the above linked post, but Jagex has also said on numerous occasions they don't ban autoclickers/mouse recorders abusers because there's they don't actually gain anything from banning these people).

I don't know if I'll get to max, but I definitely expect 1750+ TTL before a ban. My theory for the challenge end is one of the following, most-likely first:
  • I get bored and bot something more reckless
  • I get bored and quit
  • The script malfunctions and does something super low-quality goldfarm bot-like for 12+ hrs while I'm AFK
  • The script gets enough attention from gold farmers that I get lumped in with them
  • I get manually reviewed and banned for near-max high stats but no bosses/minigames and low QP

There's also a point I want to make - It's that my main on 2009scape is a more impressive feat than my main on OSRS. We all know 2009scape is harder, and we all know OSRS buffs diminish goals every year - but it's also that OSRS is filled (or can easily become filled) with cheaters, and I don't mind exposing that.
trident101
Noob

Post by trident101 »

Will that then also mean you'll do more with the info you gather? As in Youtube content or anything? Or is this something you want to prove to yourself (and fellow people on 2009scape)?