Single player login/account issues (oct 6th release)

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Vandistus
Noob

Single player login/account issues (oct 6th release)

Post by Vandistus »

So, before i say anything i would like to state this. I HAVE NOT, modified anything in these tests. I used fully default options when looking into this.

The previous version of singleplayer, as all versions i have played, do not require account creation, as simply logging in DOES generate the character files. HOWEVER, this new version (oct 6th release) does NOT generate save files. I have tried simply logging in as i always have to start a new guy and it stalls out. Restart, Repeat, Same issue. It also fails when selecting the Create Account option.

the pervious version does not have this issue, and i can play without any problems at all. However the October 6th release does seem to have some issues.

I have also drag and dropped my characters from the previous version into the newest version, and it STILL does fail to login.

No matter what option is used, no matter what account i have tried, be it new, or previous saves, whenever attempting to login or create an account the game hangs for a while on performing login and then fails. Either stating that i have not logged out from the previous session, or stating that it cannot contact the server altogether.

Simply logging into an account, not going through the create account option, the server spits out
[02:59:14]: [PlayerSaveParser] Couldn't find save file for vandistus2, or save is corrupted.
[02:59:14]: [SystemLogger] [ MS] vandistus2 -(WLD)> 1
[02:59:14]: [SystemLogger] [ MS] vandistus2 -> RQ CONTACT INFO
[02:59:14]: [SystemLogger] [ MS] vandistus2 <- SND CONTACT INFO

Creating an account, spits out open socket, upon every confirmation click during the process, and then it hangs and fails to contact the server, requesting i try to use a different world.
openSocket(localhost:43595)

Again, these tests were ran using ALL default options. No modifications have been made. The previous SP release does work just fine, The Current October 6th update/release does have some issues

I would also like to state, i have compared both versions of the config side by side, as well as both version of the worldprops, and have verified there are no noticeable differences
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Single player login/account issues (oct 6th release)

Post by Ceikry »

Rule 1 of the support subforum: viewtopic.php?t=600-exception-in-thread ... ngleplayer

Locked.
Nerds