Typo in Troll Stronghold quest

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
Edward
Noob

Typo in Troll Stronghold quest

Post by Edward »

What did you do?
At the start of the Troll Stronghold quest, I spoke to Denulth in his tent.

What happened?
After asking Denulth "How goes your fight with the trolls?", then selecting the dialog option "Is there anything I can do to help?", third dialog has an option with a typo in it: "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do.'" (specifically, there is a stray apostrophe at the end of the dialog option)
This typo is duplicated when the player character says the selected line, as shown in the screenshot below.

What did you expect to happen? (Provide a source from runescape wiki/youtube/etc if possible)
Video guide from 2009 (timestamp 0:14): https://youtu.be/YO6F_DHFr0k?feature=shared&t=14

Are there any relevant item/npc IDs? (use ::debug command in chat)
Denulth ID 1060, Index 3311

Any screenshots/recordings?
dialog options: Image
player repeats dialog with typo: Image

Have you reproduced it on the test server? If so, what are the steps?
No.
Edward
Noob

Re: Typo in Troll Stronghold quest

Post by Edward »

After completing the initial dialog and starting the quest, there is a typo in the player character's dialog when one immediately speaks to Denulth again: "I haven't found a way to climb up yet.?"

I can't tell what the original line was supposed to be because quest guides don't explore additional dialog options. If the goal is to have grammatically correct dialog, then the player's sentence should end with a period. Either way, it is likely more authentic that this line ends with one punctuation mark at most, not two.
kirayaba
Froob

Re: Typo in Troll Stronghold quest

Post by kirayaba »