False Botting Accusation

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Literal_Bot
Noob

False Botting Accusation

Post by Literal_Bot »

Hey my account got disabled last night because I was accused of botting. I'm here to dispute the claim.

Me being a goofball led to staff thinking I was a bot, but there was no botting happening because I was literally just standing on one spot not doing anything. I'd like to keep playing on my account though because the name makes me laugh.

Sent a DM to the staff member who disabled my account, but I think it will probably just get ignored (all good, no hard feelings) I was mad when I saw the moderation log, so sorry if my DM came across as rude.

Let me provide some context on what happened and why I'm disputing the botting accusation:
-When I first spawned at Lumbridge, it let me skip confirmrules
-I realized that getting attacked and dying let you skip confirmrules
-I logged out at Seer's village because I was cutting willows
-When I logged back in, I was waiting for a random event like a swarm to kill my character so I can keep playing
-I was spam clicking the close button on confirm rules, but eventually I just moved the camera a bit so I don't get logged out
-I saw that my character suicided and got sent back to Lumbridge. (Didn't think much of it at the time, I thought it was some sort of random event - I thought it was funny and took a screenshot)
-I still couldn't get out of confirmrules so I was waiting for another random event to kill me
-Got auto logged out and couldn't log back in

Totally my fault on skipping confirmrules. Sorry. I can do confirmrules now if it's cool with you. If you're wondering, I was only skipping it because I thought it would be funny to progress without doing it. Didn't mean anything by it (also, I kinda wanted to avoid the new player global message to stay under the radar)

Anyway, in terms of botting, I was literally just standing on one spot. No automated actions were happening, and no experience was gained at all. I also didn't have an unfair advantage since I had to wait for something to kill me every time I logged in just so I can move around. Not sure what kind of logs are kept, but you can check it and see that my story checks out.

Would be cool if I can keep playing on my dude, but if not I'd like to request a data wipe of the Literal_Bot account (saw in the privacy policy that we can request this) and I think it would be fair to request the permaban reason to be changed. I was just being a silly little guy, my bad. I'll do confirmrules - pinky promise. For the sake of transparency, I'm requesting deletion of the data so I can remake a guy with the same name, but I won't if you really don't want me to.

In case the above was not the reason, I'm curious, did someone report me? I remember a dude name Arisu that stopped by me while I was fishing in barb village. Not sure if they were talking to me in public because I added them to my ignore list to fuck with them lol

Thanks
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: False Botting Accusation

Post by Ceikry »

So you appealed your botting ban by admitting to bug abuse, which is also a permanently bannable offense. Epic.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Make a new account.
Nerds
Literal_Bot
Noob

Post by Literal_Bot »

Ok thanks. My new account is called Im_Botting. Please don't ban me. I'll do confirm rules now.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Totally my fault on skipping confirmrules. Sorry. I can do confirmrules now if it's cool with you. If you're wondering, I was only skipping it because I thought it would be funny to progress without doing it. Didn't mean anything by it (also, I kinda wanted to avoid the new player global message to stay under the radar)
That is pretty funny tbh. You're at Ceikry's mercy now
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I believe you are telling the truth fwiw. Me and another staff member were observing you and testing you to see if you were a bot, and I noticed random events weren't popping on you at all. Random events don't spawn if you have an interface open, so the rules interface interfering with that checks out. In the future, try not to do extraordinarily silly things that tick off every red flag of a player needing to be banned.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Also, report the bug on gitlab. Thanks.
Nerds
Literal_Bot
Noob

Post by Literal_Bot »

Sure, I'll report on GitLab*. Thanks for not banning me out-right.
bushtail
Tech Support

Post by bushtail »

Most people have a right to an appeal. FWIW the single message being sent when new accounts are made don't really put you on the radar - most people will say "hi" and forget if you don't interact with the community much. You can also leave the 2009scape clan for additional privacy.
Resident chad Winblows user