Connecting to update server

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
BasicConcept
Noob

Post by BasicConcept »

Stable server and Live server works just fine. Now after choosing Local Server, I am stuck in the loading screen. It says:

RuneScape is loading - please wait ...

The bar is filed 15%, and now stuck.

The reason I chose local server is that on the single player version I play the items on the floor are not labeled with a name or anything, so I have been told to switch to local server in order to make it work. On the live server, the items on the floor had a name + the GE price. I want to have the names on my own single player server.

Any suggestions how to make Local Server work?
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: Connecting to update server

Post by Red Bracket »

Make sure the local server is actually running. When clicking "Play", it starts the client, but not the server

Edit: To be clear, local server = singleplayer server
BasicConcept
Noob

Post by BasicConcept »

If I choose local server, then switch to the tab Singleplayer and press Start Singleplayer, then it works. Yet, the items are not labeled on the floor.

If I choose local server and press Play on the bottom, it is stuck at connecting.

When you say server running, is there something I need to enable or start? I assume I need to make my own server and there are guides for it?

EDIT: Yes, I want to play single player. I am not currently interested in multiplayer.
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

1: Make sure you've launched the singleplayer (local server):

2: An automatic singleplayer client will launch. You don't want to use this client, since it doesn't have any plugins; but don't close it, otherwise it will kill your server. Just minimize that client: Image

3: Go back to the launcher, set Server profile to Singleplayer, make sure you have GroundItems enabled, then click play Image

Use the new client that pops up - Not the on you minimized. The new client will have all the plugins you installed working
BasicConcept
Noob

Post by BasicConcept »

That worked perfectly and now it also make sense how this all is built upon.

Last but not least, if the live server gets an update, do I have to do update it manually or does it update automatically when I start the launcher?
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

You'll have to update it manually by clicking the "Update Singleplayer" button - An important note is the singleplayer updates are maintained separately from the live server, so it can be a while before the live server updates are applied to singleplayer.

You can know when to update by checking the #announcements channel in Discord and looking for "Ceikry's Forced Laborer BOT" posts like this: Image