"Unknown run configuration type BatchConfigurationType" when setting up server

Various development-related discussions
Honk
Noob

"Unknown run configuration type BatchConfigurationType" when setting up server

Post by Honk »

Hey all,

I've pulled the project (found here: https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape) and opened in Intellij IDEA Community, followed the instructions in the readme exactly up to the last point (11. Go ahead and use the Run Server configuration for your OS to make sure everything worked) where I attempted to run "[Windows] Run Server" (on a Windows machine) and got the following error: "Unknown run configuration type BatchConfigurationType"

Any ideas what the issue might be?

I've searched around online and found that it could be an issue with plugins but I have no outdated plugins in my IDE. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: "Unknown run configuration type BatchConfigurationType" when setting up server

Post by Ceikry »

Something tells me either you or IntelliJ didn't properly import the project.

It's irrelevant, however. The Windows run configurations you see out of the box are slated for removal and obsolete.

Import the maven project for the server (expand the Server folder, right click pom.xml, and add as Maven project)

Now on the right hand side of IntelliJ you'll have a Maven button.
Click it, then server -> lifecycle -> compile to build the project.
Then server -> plugins -> exec -> exec:java to run it.

You can streamline this process by right-clicking the exec:java task -> modify run configuration -> modify options -> add before launch task -> run maven goal -> make it look similar to the below image.

Press Ok, then Apply on the Edit Run Configuration window, and then Ok.

Now, use the new run configuration that was added to intellij:
Nerds