HCIM Poll

General discussion

Should 10x HCIM Be Able To Give items To Their 5x Main?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 25

Ceikry
Site Admin

HCIM Poll

Post by Ceikry »

Please vote on the above poll.
Nerds
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Re: HCIM Poll

Post by Red Bracket »

While it's not what the developers intended, the reaction is harsh so I appreciate this poll. Not every game aspect is played how the devs anticipated, and 2009scape is no exception: People found a way to make a little more gold.

My question is - is it really that bad? I understand the abuse philosophy angle, but in practice the difference between 5x and 10x HC is the difference between level 92 and 99 - plus you have to get all the resources solo and you can't die.

My vote is going to be Yes, HCIM should be able to droptrade, unless there's additional information not shared in the announcement post.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Red Bracket wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 pm While it's not what the developers intended, the reaction is harsh so I appreciate this poll. Not every game aspect is played how the devs anticipated, and 2009scape is no exception: People found a way to make a little more gold.

My question is - is it really that bad? I understand the abuse philosophy angle, but in practice the difference between 5x and 10x HC is the difference between level 92 and 99, plus you have to get all the resources solo and you can't die on HC.

My vote is going to be Yes, HCIM should be able to droptrade, unless there's additional information not shared in the announcement post.
Looking at it from a level difference is glaringly intellectually dishonest.
It is a *time* difference. The difference between 5x and 10x is half the amount of time.

Additionally, the death restriction is irrelevant if your goal is farming high-tier resources, which is how this issue is already, currently being abused.

This whole thing was motivated by an individual who was exploiting exactly this problem playing multiple HCIM simultaneously to farm high-tier resources, with half the time investment a normal player would need.
Nerds
downthecrop
Staff

Post by downthecrop »

Ceikry wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:17 pm
Red Bracket wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 pm While it's not what the developers intended, the reaction is harsh so I appreciate this poll. Not every game aspect is played how the devs anticipated, and 2009scape is no exception: People found a way to make a little more gold.

My question is - is it really that bad? I understand the abuse philosophy angle, but in practice the difference between 5x and 10x HC is the difference between level 92 and 99, plus you have to get all the resources solo and you can't die on HC.

Looking at it from a level difference is glaringly intellectually dishonest.
It is a *time* difference. The difference between 5x and 10x is half the amount of time.

Additionally, the death restriction is irrelevant if your goal is farming high-tier resources, which is how this issue is already, currently being abused.

This whole thing was motivated by an individual who was exploiting exactly this problem playing multiple HCIM simultaneously to farm high-tier resources, with half the time investment a normal player would need.
Half the amount of time to gain exp. Definitely not double the resources gathered.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

downthecrop wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:20 pm Half the amount of time to gain exp. Definitely not double the resources gathered.
Getting the fishing level to fish sharks, 76, a mid-high level stat, (not even the most egregious example), takes 6 hours on 5x. That's 3 hours on 10x, and half the feathers as well.

This is a light example, but a valid one.

(And that is when training the stat as efficiently as possible)
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Additionally, getting the level to fish sharks at medium efficiency, that is level 90. Level 90 would take 25 hours training at peak efficiency on 5x, but only 12.5 hours on 10x.
Nerds
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

My question is - is it really that bad? I understand the abuse philosophy angle, but in practice the difference between 5x and 10x HC is the difference between level 92 and 99 - plus you have to get all the resources solo and you can't die.

I understand the abuse

- No, you dont.

is it really that bad?

Yes. if you can't handle it, what the kitten are you starting for.

plus you have to get all the resources solo and you can't die

No one is forcing you to choose this mode.

_________________________________________________________________________________
As for the opinion on the survey, it is done unnecessarily, you can not favor such opportunities.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

SZUMASTER wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:52 pm As for the opinion on the survey, it is done unnecessarily, you can not favor such opportunities.
The poll is merely to help inform my opinion. It helps to get real numbers on what players actually think.
Nerds
SZUMASTER
Noob

Post by SZUMASTER »

you're right, here I also mean that probably whoever knew, has already taken advantage of it. The survey shows that these people have an influence on the decision and therefore have not been punished, in addition, they take advantage of the situation to enable others to do so when they themselves have already gained everything they wanted, or they need it because they don't have what they want yet

I may be wrong therefore it is best to ignore what I write.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Update, we are going to instead try out the long-planned alt limits outlined here and see if they effectively mitigate this issue on their own, with no further restrictions necessary.
Nerds