flatpak laggy single player

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: flatpak laggy single player

Post by Ceikry »

216598762 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:38 pm Oh, launcher in the logs says it's using X11.
Ah, interesting. Maybe you've somehow obtained an old copy of the client that ignores the FPS settings? It's not completely out of question. Also, just as a precaution, if you've installed any client plugins, go through and uninstall them all. Maybe one of those is misbehaving?
Nerds
Noob

Post by 216598762 »

Funny enough, the singleplayer has all the plugins installed by default for me. However I can just delete them from the plugins folder so it doesn't run them.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

concerning, as the singleplayer should just be going off the built-in plugin management system the launcher has. At least, that would be the expectation. It seems the implementer of singleplayer could simultaneously be shipping an old client and old plugins by default? Concerning.
Nerds
Noob

Post by 216598762 »

Deleted the plugins, still the same. In this launcher it has you download the singleplayer independently, from the looks of it.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Alright, try something for me. Can you launch the singleplayer server jar directly with java, and then independently, using the Launcher, connect to the "Local Server" profile with the correct Launcher-managed client?
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

If this alleviates the issues, it also explains why multiplayer works fine for you. The answer would be that the client bundled with SP and being incorrectly used by the SP button in the launcher is severely out of date.
Nerds
Noob

Post by 216598762 »

Additionally it still said the plugins were loaded despite deleting all files for plugins, is singleplayer stored somewhere other than the folder the backup folder is? That's where I'm deleting from.
What am I launching specifically in the folder?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I'm not sure how singleplayer is currently integrated into the launcher, thus the questions I've had so far. It was done recently. Before then, it was an independent distribution that didn't directly integrate with the launcher.

The file you'll be looking for should be simply called server.jar
Nerds
Droll
Noob

Post by Droll »

I have identified the source of the issue as being with the default client, not the server. This is because I am able to run the server smoothly on my Intel i5 4690k desktop computer with an Nvidia 770. However, when I access the server through the launcher, it functions perfectly. The problem lies only with the default client that comes bundled with single-player mode.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Then that would confirm the issue, Droll, and that it aligns with 216598762's symptoms. More confirmation from them would be nice, though. Then we know what the root cause is and who's responsible :)
Nerds